Asking Price...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asking Price...

I'm looking at getting rid of my second gen for a protege5. I am just wondering what you guys would expect the asking price to be? I'm looking for a 2002, and at the dealer (i only went to one so far) they said 13k with 40k miles on it... does this sound fair?

"The only thing worse than bad memories, is no memories at all" - The Dismemberment Plan

use msn or yahoo autos and plug in the info, it'll give you blue book value

Comment

I would offer 10k for it if you really like it, However, looking for a lower mileage 03/03.5 might be a better option as for around the 13-14k price range you'll get some of the newer features, ie side mounted blinkers, possible subwoofer, etc.
      BTW KBB is $12k w/no "extra options"
      2003 Protege5
      Midnight Blue MTX
      2002 Protege LX
      Black Mica MTX

Comment

cupholders! the singlebest upgrade... My g/f just bought an 02 and it's funny how many subtle differences there are. different seatbelt buckels, etc...

Thatsaid, for thatmany miles on an 02 11k would be fair. If you need ammunition keep in mind that I didn't get teh BEST of deals of anyone, but I bought my 03.5 with a sunroof brand new about a year ago for 14,2 or so.

Comment

how about this deal that I am getting? A 02 P5 with moonroof, SAB, ABS, leather interior, polished 16" alloy rims and only 12k miles for $14k!!!

I have offered $13.5k and the owner seems unwilling to get down to even that

Ali

Comment

I just got my '03 P5 for 13k from a dealer with 34k(they were asking $14), so I think you could knock a little off of that price...But then again, if you like it, they don't stay for sale for long(at least around here)
            2003 Pro5 Black/Black Leather
            1993 VW Corrado SLC **FOR SALE**

Comment

Damn, I can't say I'm disappointed, but 5's are pricy still, My g/f just bought a 5, and we'veben going through trying to find one that wasn't totla buttrape. Keeping in mind that I got mine New like a year ago for 14k... 2 months later, she managed to wind up with an 02 with about 30k on it for a bit under $12,000

And I said it before, but if any of you want leverage, give them the "dude a friend of mine got one of these Brand new for 14 a YEAR ago" line... It'll bring out the bottom line much sooner.
              Last edited by poseur; 06-21-2004, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Well, the guy agreed on $13.5k and I am going to get my P5 today. I still think mine is not a bad deal because the car is really loaded (leather, ABS, moonroof, bike rack and additional powertrain warranty up to 100,000 miles) and looks like really new from insdie out. It also has an automatic Xmission which adds to the cost (i had to get it for my wife who doesn't like manual)

- Ali

Comment

Working...
                X