Flashing Airbag light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flashing Airbag light

I just recently changed my front brake pads. The next day the airbag warning light flashes. It flashes five times then pauses for three seconds then flash another fives times and the whole cycle continues until I shut off my car.
    Anyone know what this fault code is? or is there something wrong with my airbags. The car is a 1997 Protege LX 1.8L.
    Last edited by project_p; 06-16-2004, 04:09 AM.

hmm, sounds familiar, although i havent changed my brake pads. it comes and goes but it does the same thing flashes 5 times and pauses for 3 seconds then flashes again. what i do notice is that it happends when its cold but when the car is warm it doesnt come out at all

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
    Mods:
    DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

It is just random, but it is happening more so then ever. I would start the car and the lights won't be on I drive a lilttle bit and its lights up. Strange. I would have to go the dealership or a shop. Or just reset it. This happened to you?

Comment

Working...
      X