Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question on all-year rims...

hey everyone,

I was wondering what would be the ideal size of rims on a 1st gen, that you could use pretty much all year around, even in the winter.

im not sure if 16" would be good for driving in the snow. I dont wanna keep switching rims, coz first of all I dont have storage space, and I live in an appartment.

let me know ur opinions...thanks

p.s: winter is harsh around where I live...bitter cold and deep snow...

You think about buying snow tires? Check tire rack or tires.com and see what they have in whatever size you're looking at, that should give you the answer right there.

Comment

well, actually i was just thinking abt all seasons that are good even in the snow...

Comment

It might be worth the investment if youre in MN. I use snow tires here in ohio, the car is just so lightweight. . . I like to get every advantage I can. 16 really isn't that big, the ze-512's are supposed to be decent in snow, although I don't know first hand. Tire rack has snow ratings at the bottom of every tire listing (along w/ like wet traction, dry, wear, etc).

Comment

well, according to tirerack... there arent any winter tires on 16" rims, but there are some all seasons. just need to know which ones perform better in snow than the others and then make my choice...

thanks a lot for ur help

Comment

Working...
          X