keyless Entry question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keyless Entry question

I just bought an 01' ES 2.0 used and was wondering if my car is wired for keyless entry even though the used car dealer did not have the remote? Can I just buy a remote?
    Last edited by redcivic; 06-16-2004, 05:28 PM.
    2005 Velocity Red RX8 GT 6 Speed
    My second 88' CRX HF Hybrid , gutted, mildly Built B16A + many extras.

this is the car i have, there should be a number on the keychain, like a little tag, that is for reorder in case you lose the remote... otherwise, i don't know.
    Silver 2001 Protege ES
    5-speed manual
    4 cyl 2.0L engine

Tires: Cooper Zeon ZPT 205/50/R16
    Intake: Custom DIY Short-ram

Comment

Well, take my 97' Maxima for instance. I bought it used three years ago and it did not come with teh remote but the car was set-up with the security system so I just bought a remote off ebay and programmed it and it worked fine. So can I just buy a remote and program it? Where is the keyless entry module (or whatever its called).
      2005 Velocity Red RX8 GT 6 Speed
      My second 88' CRX HF Hybrid , gutted, mildly Built B16A + many extras.

Comment

Yup an ES is definetly wired for keyless entry.
        You can just buy any protege remote and reprogram it through a key turning door closing programing thing, to work on your car.

Do a search Im sure you can find it, or check the protege FAQ.

EDIT check under the rear deck behind the seats the keyless entery module is there if you just want to be sure. But If an LX is wired for it an es has to be.

Comment

Yes you can get any '01-'03 Protege remote and reprogram it to work with your car. You dont need any special number off the keyless control module or anything like that. follow these steps to reprogram the remote:
          Attached Files
          Eric Johnson
          Intense Performance
          Mazda Club of South Florida
          http://www.ipmcsfl.com
          Former President/Webmaster
          Member since 11/03

2002.5 Dark Titanium/Black Mica Protege5
          - Exterior: Custom Dark Titanium/Black Mica paint scheme, 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege front bumper cover, Skunk2 coilovers, 5% tint all around, black painted headlight housings, black billet aluminum shorty antenna, Yakima roof rack
          - Interior: Xenarc 700TSV 7" LCD display with touchscreen, black painted A/B/C pillars and gauge bezel, Mazdaspeed door sills, and Delphi SkyPhi XM Radio
          - Performance: Brembo cross drilled/slotted rotors, Red Samco silicon cooling hoses, Black Injen CAI, Greddy Evo2 Cat-back exhaust system, Progess 22mm rear sway bar, Racing Beat front sway bar, OBX Racing 4-1 header, Medieval front motor mount
          - Car Computer specs: Removed for now...
          Current project: None...

Comment

Working...
          X