Car Stereo Wiring Digram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Stereo Wiring Digram

I just bought a new stereo for my 2000 Protege ES. My problem is that the wires on the new radio do not match the wires in my dash. Can someone point me to a diagram which specifies which wire is which?

Thanks

THe easiest thing to do is to run to pepboys and grab a metra reverse wireing harness.
    That way you dont have to do any cutting.

Here is a pinout if you really want to do it the hard way

Comment

Originally posted by marioval
      I just bought a new stereo for my 2000 Protege ES. My problem is that the wires on the new radio do not match the wires in my dash. Can someone point me to a diagram which specifies which wire is which?

Thanks

spend the money on a wiring harness and save yourself a huge headache

Comment

Actually, i have already snipped off the plug so all i have are wires. As far as a diagram, i was thinking more along the lines of blue wire is this, yellow wire is this, etc...... can anyone break it down for me???

Thanks

Comment

The colors are more or less universal when I installed my blaupunkt head unit it was blue to blue and such worked nice.
          Check the sticky in the car audio forum the one in the link blue put up it has the clor pinout for the pro 5 should be the same

Comment

yah with my car, best buy did the h/u install for my friend when he owend the car., i bought the car offa him and went 2 put in a better h/u.. i guess best buy just cut the harness.., and spliced the wires from the h/u 2 the stock harness.. so i wetn out and bought 2 wiring kits., one that goes into the h/u nad one that i splice 2 the stock wiring.. and as for the colors, ... umm when in doubt.. black is ground hahah

Comment

Originally posted by marioval
              Actually, i have already snipped off the plug so all i have are wires. As far as a diagram, i was thinking more along the lines of blue wire is this, yellow wire is this, etc...... can anyone break it down for me???

Thanks

copied and pasted from the link i posted:

Pin #: Wire Color - Use

Pin 1: Green / Orange - Rear Right Speaker (-)
              Pin 2: Green - Rear Right Speaker (+)
              Pin 3: Brown - Rear Left Speaker (-)
              Pin 4: Brown / White - Rear Left Speaker (+)
              Pin 5: White - Front Right (-)
              Pin 6: Red - Front Right (+)
              Pin 7: Black / White - Front left (-)
              Pin 8: Black / Brown - Front Left (+)
              Pin 9: Black - Ground
              Pin 10: Pink / Black - Switched power, coonect to red wire in aftermarket harness.
              Pin 11: White / Blue - Dimmer, not typicaly used for an aftermarket radio
              Pin 12: Green / Black - Illumination, thanks twizyours
              Pin 13: Blue / Red - Contasnt Power aka Battery aka Memory, connect to yellow wire in aftermarket harness.

note: pin #10 can be tapped into the turn additional audio equipment on or off.

Comment

If really you want to save yourself the headache, just hook the plug back into it matching the colors and THEN go buy the harness. It leaves you more slack to play with if you have to move stuff around, and makes it really easy to take out when you need to.

Comment

Working...
                X