good days, bad days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good days, bad days...

Alright, I dirve a 95' with a 1.5L and automatic transmission, and it seems like some days the car just jumps off and goes, and drives reasonably fast, and on other days its just bogged and seems like it never changes to first gear or anything like i want it to, it just drives slow. Does anyone else notice this or is it just in my head?

"The only thing worse than bad memories, is no memories at all" - The Dismemberment Plan

My car doesn't do exactly what you describe.

Some day mys car jutts/jerks forward when slowy pressing the gas down and others it runs smoothly. I have no idea why.

For a while my car took a little while to start up when warm, but after I recently replaced my noisey fuel pump that problem went away. I'll see if this little jutt problem has gone too.
    ED
    '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
    Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
    WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

loganss Please post if your car's jutting problem went away with the fuel pump replacement b/c my car is doing the same exact thing

mattbleeker My car felt that way before i got a complete tune up, maybe that's your problem. good luck

Comment

Unforunetly my jutting problem didn't go away with the replacement of the fuel pump. It's probably nothing big but I really would like to know what is causing this.

Maybe it's the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS). I read in this forum that some people were haveing problems kinda similar to the jutting and they replaced the TPS and all was good again. Maybe at the end of the year I'll get a new TPS.
        ED

Comment

thanks for the info, if I try changing the throttle body sensor I'll post the results.
          My car has always done this since I purchased it;its just gotten a little stonger lately.

Comment

How much does a "complete" tune up run? I see tune up signs around for like $80 bucks, is that what your thinking of?

"The only thing worse than bad memories, is no memories at all" - The Dismemberment Plan

Comment

what I mean by complete tune up ( aka major tune up) is:

a regular tune up plus replace the:
              Spark plug wires
              distributor cap & rotor
              air filter

they also usually check your ignition & charging system a well as your fuel system. That pretty much sums up a complete tune up.

In your area it may cost $80 but in my area it's pretty cheap ($40 including pieces)

hope that helps, good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Sunset
                loganss Please post if your car's jutting problem went away with the fuel pump replacement b/c my car is doing the same exact thing
                OK I replaced my exhaust manifold and it ends up that there was a little gap inbetween the exhaust manifold and engine. Gasket was blackening in one area. I think by cyl. 4 but it might have been 1.

Long story short, I haven't experienced the jutting problem.

Maybe it would be worthwhile for you to check to make sure there are no gaps or leaks close to your manifold.

Does your car sound funny when accelerating?
                ED

Comment

Working...
                X