Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time track results....

Welll.......

First i woke up late, so i didnt get there until 12:30, and all the dyno spaces had been filled...so no dyno numbers...sorry. But when i went to get my car checked out i couldnt run b/c i didnt have a battery tie down, so i had to go to auto zone and buy one and with the grace of god i got it on in the parking lot. Not the right way but the guywas satisfied with it and he let me run. Sooo My first i didnt know what to expect soi did a 17.3( the highly modifid civic hatchback in the other lane didnt help either..lol) But the second time i hit 16.7..and i was like ok i can do better....after about 6 runs of doing 16.9's i was almost ready to leave...cuz i kept getting the same time, but i was able to get 16.5 @83mph..which was my best time overall after 11 runs. BUT...on the way home from the track (60 miles i might add), I get about 10 miles from my house and my car dies....and it wouldnt crank, it sounds like its not getting fuel..so the fuel pump probrably gave out....but it wont start, im not really upset tho b/c i put the car through hell today runnin hard in 93 degree tempetures, i learned alot and had a blast....i recommend everyone get on the track and off the street!!

So my best time so far:

R/T - .958
    60 - 2.555
    330 - 7.060
    1/8 - 10.735
    mph - 67.64
    1000 - 13.402
    1/4 - 16.572
    mph - 83.59

my bestr reaction time overall was: .634 (look out andretti)

my mods are - intake - paceesetter header...

Good ****. What rpm did you launch at?? What kinda tires were u using? My very first time out I was hitting 2.9 60' times, and 17.5 1/4's. You seem to have done pretty good, specially for being your first time. Thats definately decent with the 2 mods you have done to the car. Keep it up!

Another weird thing, I hit a 15.9@82 mph, and you hit a 16.5 @ 83mph.......I swear its cuz the track I run at is on top of a ****ing mountain...damn thin air.....lol....weirder things have happened!
    Last edited by 91ProtegeLX; 06-19-2004, 07:07 PM.
    Eat ****.

Comment

I was trying different rpms every run...cuz i got pissed at myself for getting 16.9 for 6 times stragiht. But 3000 seemed to be my best launch, sometimes 3000. I did 4k once...lol big mistake. And the tires in the front are 165/60 yokohamas, I kept losin grip when i shifted to second gear....i would redline it out of first, and hit second smoothly, and the car would bog down all the way to like 5500 and then accelrate....it was weird, what would cause that? It didnt do it everytime just occasionally. It was very humid today that mixed with the 93 degree tempt didnt help at all....Im going back asap...when ever i get my high flow cat/rx7 vaf...

Comment

Maybe it was the fuel pump, lol. Get that walboro bruce just put in, how much do those run anyways?

Comment

ive been having hesitation problems lately....i just didnt know if it was my fuel pump or injectors..i guess i know now.

Comment

Yeah, that's always good to know. Maybe you'll get better times with a new one, because if it let go on the way home, it probably wasn't 100% when you made your first run.

Comment

get a $20 fuel pressuge gauge at summit racing. This will tell u if ur fuel pump or maybe a clog on the filter is causing ur car to hesitate...

Check ur TPS sensor too for the resistance but dont adjust it. (if its not been touched)

Check for vaccum leak, Check resistance on ur Vaf, Check ur 02 sensor too.

how much does ur car weigh ? i ran 16.0 @ 87mph (foul I red lighted). 2.6 for my 60' time.
              My 323 weighs 2,300lbs. I was running 15" rims w/ heavy ass azenis (39lbs/wheel).

I dont know if 16.5 is good or wut but its better than my civic before w/ same mod 17.4.....
              I said i dont know because i saw a guy driving a stock LX hitting 16.0 and thats the reason y i end up swapping an LX motor on my 323 i just have to try it again on the track w/ my new clutch and smaller wheels...

Comment

LX proteges with sunroof - all power weigh about 2500lbs+??? im not sure, but its the fat boy of the 1st gens...

Comment

My 2gen weighs 2500, sunroof, power everything, BP motor, I'd say 2500 is a good guess (if anything it's lighter).

Comment

i gotta take my ac compressor , power steering accesories out...before i go back..

Comment

I'm trying to save up for my a/c since my car didn't came with one and ur trying to remove urs just so u'll knock off 1-2 hp. It aint worth removing ur a/c just keep it.

Comment

my ac/power steering belt is already off, i just never took off the compressor...ive been without it for like 6 months...i dont know if im gonna take my power steering pulley off tho....prob not

Comment

Don't forget to post your times on this site boys....

Comment

I don't know about you but I have the a/c my car would be perfect. I dont care about the p/s i just want the a/c i can't stand the damn heat !

Comment

well youre in cali, and its hot ass hell there alot.....soo i understand.. You want to buy my comopressor - A/C components??

Comment

Working...
                              X