Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Springs

Has anyone attempted to cut a coil out of the rear springs just to level the car out? I'm not sure that I want to lower the front, I'd be worried about parking burm damage.
    2003 Protege LX 2.0 (BJFP) Sport package (New motor at 24,885 miles on 5/26/05), 5 Speed. Black Mica.

Mods: Mazdaspeed front bumper/foglight conversion, Cold Air Intake w/ K&N filter, OBX header with sport muffler, Full Mazdaspeed suspension with 5-lug/ 4-disc conversion and Racing Beat upgraded sway-bars, "E" level bushing kit, 2.25 inch trimmed Sprint Performance lowering springs, Mazdaspeed strut tower brace, smoked tails, Short shifter, Corksport clutch hose, black pearl emblem kit, Silverstar headlights, and limo tint

Future mods include: DGM carbon fiber grille and air dam, 2003 Mazdaspeed spoiler and side sills, Corksport full exhaust, grounding kit and then hmmm...turbo?

don't cut your springs, that is the absolute ghetto approach to it...lower your car with new springs instead...
    2000 DX, Blue
    Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
    2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

Originally posted by mixmaster_matt
      don't cut your springs, that is the absolute ghetto approach to it...lower your car with new springs instead...
      You really want to cut the springs?! That is true ghetto man just shell out the 200 or what ever the cost and do it right. If you cut them get ready for the bumpiest ride of your life!!
      And to those who say that the altezza's are fugly

Comment

Ghetto.
        Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by Ur2Slo
          Has anyone attempted to cut a coil out of the rear springs just to level the car out? I'm not sure that I want to lower the front, I'd be worried about parking burm damage.

for 140 you can get a set of GoldLine springs wit a 2 inch drop all the way around.

MP3 Strut Bar..Silver Stars..GoldLine Springs..Two 10 Inch Speakers..480 Watt Amp..Custom Voltage Meter..Ingen CAI..Bomz Axle Back Exhaust..Konigs Holes 17x7

Comment

Working...
          X