Just bought a Pro5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought a Pro5

Hey everyone. I just got my new protege5, black w/ black leather, 34k miles yesterday. Awesome car. I am coming from a world of VW Corrados and needed something a little more reasonable for my long commutes to work. Great handling, little weak on the power, but that is coming from a modded VR6...

One thing that is kind of annoying that I'm wondering if other people notice is my elbow hitting the center console when shifting hard from 1-2 or 3-4. Maybe a short shifter that reduces the shifter height would help by changing the angle of my forearm.... I don't know...
    2003 Pro5 Black/Black Leather
    1993 VW Corrado SLC **FOR SALE**

Go for the short shifter anyways...much much funner to drive
    Welcome to the forum. My boyfriend was big into corrados too. He LOVES VWs
    Sagaris

Comment

A little weak on power is an understatement.

There are a few turbo kits out for your car that you can check out or install. They will help you out in the power department greatly.

I love the p5 though it is a beatuiful car.

Welcome to the club.
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

how much did you pay it for? Is it a 02 or 03?

Comment

Originally posted by akhawar
          how much did you pay it for? Is it a 02 or 03?

its an '03 for $13k, which included an extended service plan that'll cover me up to almost 100k miles...

Are those short shifters throw & side to side reducing or are they just trimmed shafts? Who makes 'em...I need to do some searching for all these aftermarket companies that are new to me....
          2003 Pro5 Black/Black Leather
          1993 VW Corrado SLC **FOR SALE**

Comment

www.kartboy.com , get the bushings greatly reduces side to side play.
            2k4 Rally White Mazda 3 Hatchback

Sound By CDT , powered by DLS-CA23
            Bass by Elemental Design, powered by HIFONICS

Comment

Geta B&M, MUCH better shifter. Kartboys are SUPER low and the problem of hitting your elbow will be added to a problem of hitting your wrists on your e-brake. B&M's are a bit lower than a stock P5, about the same as a MSP or MP3. THe thing with lowshifters s they're cool looking, but for a car without a tall console, they're counter-intuitive. They increase the distance from your steering wheel to the shifter which is bad (the reason why civic SI's put them upon the dash now)

The diffrence is the leverageunderneth (you'll actualyl likely have to bend your heatshield from your muffler a bit because it does stick out from underneath a good bit farther.

My SS was one of the first things I did to my car and I must say it's a VERYwelcomed Improvemet. I always felt lik I ws driving a freaking bus when I shifted, kept missing 2nd entirely, and I've never evne had shortshifters before. dan, gong form 2-3 is like throwing a freaking punch. (often times into your slurpee) Anyway, simple reltively inexpensive upgrade that makes yourcr much funner to drive in general... hell you'll be flicking off shifts out of nowhere just 'cause you can.

http://www.mazda3online.com/product_...products_id=91 If we've sold you on one bynow, go here. Good guys, good price, and they're justa couple of Protege owners trying to keep up with aftermarket support for our cars.

Comment

Sounds like a good deal. Has it got ABS/moonroof?

I just got one with 12000 mi for $13.5k and its a 2002. It has automatic xmission, ABS, moonroof and the extended warranty.

- Ali

Comment

Working...
                X