Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z5 performance upgrade kit

I found this on the other forum:

Shop Performance Mazda Engine Kits and high performance Mazda pistons, rods, flywheels, crankshafts, camshafts, gaskets & more. We ship worldwide.

Kit costs $869 and includes:

Complete Gasket Set
    Copper Performance Head Gasket
    ROSS Pistons
    (75.3, 75.75, 76, 76.5mm bore) and
    (9-1, 10-1, 10.5-1 comp ratio)
    Performance Rings
    Performance Wrist Pins
    TOGA HP Main Bearings
    TOGA HP Rod Bearings
    Thrust Washers
    TOGA Timing Belt
    Freeze Plugs

Comments?

Why? at the end of the day, it's still a Z5. Now what I wanna know is what kinda numbers they're talkin with the BP kit

Comment

The only thing there worth it is the higher bore, you wont get a lot of hp out of that kit. and as for the BP it is $930 for their kit.

Comment

You think thats bad??

That one is ridiculous.
        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

There is no way on Earth I'm gonna spend $900 on this kit. Someone posted a link on protegeclub, so I just re-posted it here.

I can do a swap for $900. Jeez... :p:

Comment

I was talking about this part here.

Looking for good horsepower upgrades for my 98 1.5L Protege LX
            Looking to build maybe a 300+ hp all motor protege.
            Just got through talking with Bill at Import Performance Parts and he says all i have to do is send them my engine give them the specs i want and have a bit of money and they will build me a 300hp or more motor. And from the quote he gave me the whole job ain't really all that expensive if you compare to just adding a turbo or doing an engine swap
            Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

lol, 300 hp all motor Z5. It would take a ****load of work to get the BP up that high, let alone the Z5. . .

Comment

A BP could be made all motor @ 300 HP not *Quite* so easily, but not streetable by any stretch.
                A Z5 would probably be about shaking itself apart at that much.

Comment

Send them his engine and a bit of money and they'll send him back a 300 hp engine... might not be for his car but it'll have the power.

Comment

a weird question... but would that kit work with a turbo kit thats installed already? would it complement a turbo setup?
                    98 Protege SE
                    -------------------
                    1.5L Turbo

Comment

Nice that the option is there but it's hardly worth it. $869 and it's only half of what you need. What about the head? That's where the power is. Do they offer a cam and valvetrain upgrades?
                      Assuming they do, that's what, another $500 in head parts.
                      Then you'd be stupid not the get a port/polish job so figure $250-300 for that.
                      There's going to be a certain degree of machine shop work depending on your mechanical abilities and tool collection. From $200 for light honing/bearings being press to $800 for a full assembly to $1500 for a "drop your car off" complete swap

So on the cheap end, you're up to $1819 and on the expensive end it's $3169. For a naturally aspirated engine that's going to produce a very maxed out 160hp. I don't see a z5 doing more then that on 1.5. And that would be nice...but $3k?
                      And you could've had a stock BP swapped for around $1500 and started out with 122hp and a lot more possibilities for future upgrades.

As more people iron out the kinks in the BP swap, that'll be the way to go.

*edit* I forgot...there's not even a header for the z5, is there? Figure a custom one for another $500 or the stock one will strangle the output. It would be like asking Carl Lewis to exhale through a crazy straw.
                      Last edited by davens; 07-07-2004, 04:52 AM.

Comment

But there IS a BP kit

Comment

Working...
                        X