Siezed Caliper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Siezed Caliper

Dammit. If you read my bleeding brakes thread, I had my dealer "fix" my excessive pedal play in my brakes even after a complete bleed. They ended up adjusting the booster up high. It worked excellent for a week, but just as I was about to leave town for the Mazda Rev it Up event this past Friday, the front calipers siezed. It was as if the brakes were applied at full force without even touching the pedal. So, running late for the 6 hour drive to Tampa, I decide to drive it to the Mazda dealer about a mile away and take someone else's car. My max speed going down the highway was about 40. By the time I got to the dealer, the brakes were smoking. ****.

Anyway, the dealer called me later in the day, told me they fixed the caliper, but now found the real reason why I have so much play in the pedal. They said the slider pins were rusted and stuck, and would cost $375 to fix. WTF. I told them to hold off since they seem to want to rape me on the price. I may as well get the calipers/rotors off a 99/00 ES model and swap that **** in there for that price. What do you all think?
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Do you have the part number for the 1.8L proportioning valve? Maybe I'm blind but I can't find it in the parts catalog.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Thank you very much
      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Working...
      X