thomas knight electric supercharger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thomas knight electric supercharger

has anyone happened to read through the june issue of Turbo Magazine? june 2004.

it has a interesting article on the thomas Knights esc units, the creator has been tinkering with the idea since 1978 when he was working for turbo tech and over the past decades has created a working unit.

they tested a ESC in a stock mid 90s automatic nissan altima and went from low 18s in the 1/4mile to mid 15s with traction problems running only 5lbs of boost. they blew the engine at 10psi.

on the dyno hp went from 105whp to 184whp.

just another option for cars that dont have much aftermarket support.

read the mag itill explain things better.

this isnt one of the damn ebay leaf blowers that try to run off only the alternater but a application that really works. http://www.boosthead.com/home.php

just trying to give another power alternative.
    Last edited by siamiam; 06-22-2004, 01:59 PM.
    straight roads are for fast cars, Turns and Curves are for fast drivers

Comment

I recently read in Autoweek that the RX8 is to also have an electric turbo charger as well...
      --JJB--
      '02 Silver Protegé5 - 5sp - no performance mods, no plans for them
      Kenwood Z919 -- Polk Audio speakers
      16" alloys w/ 205/50 Bridgestone RE750 (summer)
      15" steels w/ 195/55 Bridgestone Blizzak LM22 (winter)

Moon roof - wind deflector - variable intermittent wipers - electrochromic mirror w/ temp & compass
      Winter/beater car: 1997 Mercury Mountaineer with 182k on it

Comment

If you look through thr Probe talk boards and probably alot of others, you'll see that the general consensus is that Thomas Knight AKA Geoff Knight AKA Jeff Knight is a very shady character.

Where the **** is Edwin when you need him??
        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
          If you look through thr Probe talk boards and probably alot of others, you'll see that the general consensus is that Thomas Knight AKA Geoff Knight AKA Jeff Knight is a very shady character.

Where the **** is Edwin when you need him??
          Shady character as in don't trust his research or his product?

Anyway, IF this really works as the article says it does, it seems pretty impressive. If they get an electronic boost control working it could be a nice setup. That and a batcap type power source that recharges quickly but can power the thing could make some serious power. And at a little less than $2000 for it, it's pretty affordable. I'm very curious to know more about this guy and the product. Edwin?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
            his "kits" consist of slapped together hacked up ghetto ****...

and WHY even think about ANY stupid ****ing electric turbo anyway? ebay cheap ass tornado **** or not

$2000 for just a run before needing recharge? that's WORSE than NOS

what's the point of this **** anyway when getting a real forced induction setup is for constant power increase?

if you want "I just need the power when I want to" type ****, get NOS.... its way cheaper and it works like that anyway

in the long run it would be cheaper than having to refill your nitrous.

Comment

at $30 dollars a bottle, id be willing to bet that little electric gadget will be worn our by the time you make it through $2000 Dollars worth of NOS...

IMO; save another grand and go real turbo. Looks nicer, sounds cooler, and less chance of fire...peace.
              According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

adding 100 hp without adding fuel. Neat...

it's bull****. total.
                "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                -93 MR2, 129 ES
                ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by siamiam
                  in the long run it would be cheaper than having to refill your nitrous.
                  It might be, assuming it works. If it's the pile of **** Edwin says it is, then it'll break and you'll be out your $2000. Personally I'm inclined to trust him that it's ****.

Comment

Working...
                  X