Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

Local Parts Stores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local Parts Stores

Just started this one for those that want to share with us some locations that you have purchased protege parts from. You might have really good connections or can even get us in on a Team Nipro group buy. Just discussion of stores, vendors, and people that seem to have parts and/or services that others in the group could benefit from. Also welcome those stories of the "not so nice" stores.
    Patrick
    SOLD--->'03 Sunlight Silver Metallic ES

I often visit Driver's Image in Skokie. It's a rather small shop but has a good selection of aftermarket parts. It's pretty expensive but it's an option for people that want to see a certain product before they buy it. Their website is www.driversimage.com

Since we are on topic, does anyone know a Mazda dealership (specificaly parts department) around the Chicago area that does not suck. I've been to a few dealerships looking for parts and their service is horrible. I had to go to 3 dealerships to find a pilot bearing and some seals. A few of the people I talked to didn't even know these parts existed.......absolutely horrible....
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Pugi of Chicagoland in Downer's Grove. 630-9649500

Mazda dealership. Parts under retail just mention its for Protege Club I set up a account there where you can purchase parts cheap. Look for Floyd tell him Conrad sent you.

Comment

Awesome! I'll keep that in mind next time I need to buy a part from the dealership. Thanks
        '91 LX
        '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
        well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Working...
        X