Stock timing???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock timing???

Hey, whassup everyone. I actually don't own a mazda, I have a sentra. But I'm doing a tune-up on my mom's 96 protege. I was wondering what the stock timing is set at, if anyone could help I would really appreciate it. It's the 1.6. Thanks in advance.

Probably you mean the 1.5
    The timing is set and can't be changed. The ECU does that for us.
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Hey, thanks for the quick reply. And ya, I meant the 1.5. Well, I forgot that they write that on the placard on the hood. It's 10ยบ btdc. Thanks anyways guys.

I guess what I should've asked, is if you have to get it in "timing mode," before you check the timing. (Like w/ my car to advance the timing, I need to run it till it's warm, rev up to 3000 rpm 3 times. Shut off, disconnect tps, start, rev up to 3000 rpm 3 times, all that before I turn the distributor.) I was just wondering if I have to do anything like that w/ this motor. Thanks!!

Comment

Nothing that I'm aware of. All the first gen guys can advance their timing and get a few HP out of it, but us second genners can't because of OBDII. though I think they have to jump a few wires to do so.
        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

The timing on 2nd and 1st gens can be set by jumping the ten and gnd in the black diagnostic box.
          The stock setting for timing is 10 degrees -\+ 1 degree..
          Bruce
          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
          X