Wheel Corrosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel Corrosion

I had my new tires put on my car the other day and the mechanic said there was a lot of corrosion on the back of the rim hub.I got home and looked at it and the part of the rim that sits against the brake rotor looks like it has about 10 years worth of rust on it.I tried to clean it thinking it was just brake dust but not all of it came off.I also noticed some bubbles in the finish on the front of the rim where the plastic Mazda logo cap goes into the rim's center.Now both these problems are on all my rims.They are the factory aluminum rims.The bubbles around the logo cap are starting to chip off leaving bare aluminum exposed.I tried searching the web to see if there are any recalls on the rims and have not found anything.If anyone has any info about this please let me know.Also,as soon as I can post some pics of the problem I will try to post them.Thanks in advance for any help on this matter!
    2002.5 Sunlight silver ES.TWM short shifter,Sparco knob,Kartboy shifter bushings,modified airbox,K&N filter,Altezza tails,Toyo Proxes 4 tires and plenty more to come.Newest addition is a 2000 Ducati 750 SS with carbon fiber exhaust

WTF!!!! Ican not get good enough pictures to post.Anyone heard of any recalls on this!
    2002.5 Sunlight silver ES.TWM short shifter,Sparco knob,Kartboy shifter bushings,modified airbox,K&N filter,Altezza tails,Toyo Proxes 4 tires and plenty more to come.Newest addition is a 2000 Ducati 750 SS with carbon fiber exhaust

Comment

this is common on aluminum wheels....i am going through the same thing on my Quantum Tek wheels...Mostly its salt and other chemicals that are put on roads for ice and such. im just going to sand blast my wheels have them dipped black chrome.

mazda isnt going to recall them.
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
      X