GroundControl Coilover Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GroundControl Coilover Kit

Hey gang I just wanted to know if any body had installed the GC coilover kit?

I a bit hesitant to purchase them since there not really coilover, but there much more affordable than custom made GTR/GTX coilovers. I don’t like the idea of cutting my after market struts in order to make the kit work.

If they’res anyone that can shed some like upon this please let me know.

Or if there any other type of kits out there that have good reviews.
    Koroma
    91 323BG-----------------------
    Intax springs,PRM Air Intake
    ST Swaybars, Front upperstrut bar, 15' Prime, Advanced Timing, 2.25 inch-Cat back, Flowmaster, Indiglo gauges, Custom Taillight config

Next Stage
    J-SPEC GTX kit,Brembo Brake Kit

i am not sure how good it is or anything, but i would like to know too since that is the next item i will be purchasing for my pro.
    '91 323 SE
    Sony 12" Sub and amp - 17" Motegi MR7's wrapped in 205/40/zr Visa's - Protoss CAI - Magnaflow Exhaust - Indiglo Gauges and Carbon Fiber Bezel - Ractive Shift Knob, Boot, and Pedals - GroundControls

Coming Soon- Kartboy SS, Pakfeifer Front Bumper
    <center></center>

<a href="mailto://67mustangjosh@gmail.com">67mustangjosh@gmail dot com</a>

Comment

I've had them on Miatas, but not on the Protege.

They are great, in my opinion. You have to know what you want, though. You can select any spring rate in 25 # increments and also different spring lengths. This is very important because if you choose a spring that is too short for the ride height that you want, you will end up with the spring bouncing around when the suspension goes to full droop.

I think that the biggest advantage of the Ground Control kit is that you can corner weight the car precisely, but even more than that, the fact that you can select exactly the spring that you want.
      If I could buy springs to fit the struts without it being coilovers in any length or rate I wanted, I would do that instead.

Comment

This is the suspension that's goin on my baby this winter
        Current Cars
        2003 Nissan 350z. Touring Edition, Pike's Peak White and dark tint. Some audio work. Twin turbo swap and more audio work over the winter. Wheels and springs this winter.

Past Mazdas
        1994 Mazda Protege DX. DOHC swap in progress. Sold due to a move
        1992 Mazda Protege DX. BPT (GT-X) swap w. Haltech & MSD. Sold before it saw the road
        1996 Ford Probe GT. Flawless. 5-speed. Kept stock. Sold for an LS1

Comment

here is a how to for installing them ,, or coilovers similar to GCC's.
          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I have a set of protege ones on my mx3. They ride damn nice....sure they are harsher than stock, but they allow less suspension travel around corners, and IMO just offer a better sportier ride.
            93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
            02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
            05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

GC coilover + ST sway bars

thanks forthe replies gang.

but does anybody have the ST sawbars nd the ground control coils..

i curently have the ST sways on the my ride. and its plenty stiff, however with the GC i wondering if it will be way to much.

plus i still want to get my rear stut tower bar. buts will be a new thread
              fill free to also post on that topic
              Koroma
              ST Swaybars, Front upperstrut bar, 15' Prime, Advanced Timing, 2.25 inch-Cat back, Flowmaster, Indiglo gauges, Custom Taillight config

Next Stage

Comment

sway bars have nothing to do with ride stiffness. All they do is reduce body roll from side to side.

Struts and springs will determine your ride stiffness.

Comment

yes your right i spoke before i thought, i also fail to mention that i replaced the OEM strut for KYB after Market as well as bumpstops all around. Thats what I'm feeling in my ride.

thanks
                  Koroma

Next Stage

Comment

well, depending on what type ride you want, the siffer springs will hurt those KYBs prematurely. An alternative is the Tokico struts for the Ford ZX2 S/R. While these are specifically valved for the Eibach pigtail springs, they will be more suited for the stiffer GC coilover springs.

A good starter setup would be 250#/12" front and 200#/10" rear spring rates. This will allow for near stock ride height for max travel.

Regarding cutting your struts, thats the nature of the beast. Without buying a custom kit, your gonna have to get creative and start cutting things. It's no big deal, but once done, they are done

Comment

i'm happy with my GC coilovers.
                      Tito Cruz
                      '94 Pro DX
                      Cali Air National Guard - 163rd ARW

Comment

Thanks for the comments and dial in settings.

you know the know reason i wanted to get the GC is so i can get rid of that nasty one inch finder gap that was created by my prime 15's and intrax lowering spings.

if i could turn back time i wish i would have spent the money on the GC kits. but hell that was like 3 years ago.

a good freind of mine was just telling me to upgrade to 16 and that will solve a lot of my issues with the gap. plus i'll have some nice new wheels to swap out and place on a VW.

i would be cool have some coilover
                        I must give it more thought
                        thanks
                        Koroma

Next Stage

Comment

Working...
                        X