Instrument Cluster No Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instrument Cluster No Lights

I got this problem, where my speedometer is and my temperature settings are example. hot and cold temp settings, and lights that light up the dash, aren't working. I check the fuses under the dash board and none are blown. Its a 1994 Mazda Protege LX does anyone know of any other ideas or solutions I can check of why the lights arent going on? Any one got a diagram or know of one on how to pull the speedometer cluster?
    Last edited by siren001; 06-26-2004, 05:43 PM.

Checked Fuses Were Blown So changed THem

I checked fuses and the lights were blown, it was a 15amp and a 10 am fuse. I changed them and exterior park lights went back on and interior light but no dash lights.

If they are blown does anyone know what kind of bulbs they take?

Comment

Anyone Know How To Pull Speedometer Cluster

Anyone know how to pull the speeometer cluster or got diagrams on it. Its not room to turn it around to unplug wires and has a hard small plactic tube going towards the firewall. Any suggesstions

Comment

Originally posted by siren001
        Anyone know how to pull the speeometer cluster or got diagrams on it. Its not room to turn it around to unplug wires and has a hard small plactic tube going towards the firewall. Any suggesstions
        Thanks to Darryl's excellent write-up, this should be more than enough for you to do the job right:

-------------------------
        '91 LX
        '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
        -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
        well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Anyone one else have the same problem with the instrument lights all going out at the same time? The whole dash turns off.

Comment

Working...
          X