More GTX wiring questions... :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More GTX wiring questions... :)

I have some questions about my GTX wiring harness.

Anybody know what this white connector does??? It has two wires going into it, red (or orange?) / green, and black / yellow. I couldn't find it on the wiring diagram.

For the other one, it plugs into the thing next to the knock controller, right? I don't have the knock controller or that fuel controller thingy. Anything happen if I leave it unplugged? I also have a spare green / orange wire that's not connected to anything, and it looks like it comes from there... sooo....

THANKS
    Attached Files
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Here's a picture of the three plugs that go into the knock controller assembly thing. The one that I posted pictures of in your other gtx wiring thread. Some people mentioned that the other two plugs besides the knock controller one could be left unplugged. Don't know if that will make any difference or not. As for that white connector; I am not sure where it plugs into either. I think that it might be the one that plugs into the tranny but the funny thing is that there's already one on the LX harness....if you find out for sure, post the info so I know as well. Here's a pic of the 3 connectors I was talking about.

-------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Once again, here's a pic of that 'assembly' where the 3 plugs go into.

'91 LX
      '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
      well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

For the smaller one, there is something you can plug it into on the firewall already. But, beware, there are two others that look like that on the GTX harness... one of them you have to cut off and exchange for the plug on the LX harness, which goes into the transaxle... The neutral switch? I dunno what that does, though :p: Also there's the one that goes into the coil. (Or around it, at least).

Comment

I think that the white plug is for the center differential lock. Unfortunately the colors in the online Australian workshop manual don't match my colors 100%. (For example, the turbo warning light.)

Comment

OK, so what I have left to figure out:
            • Two spare wires that seem to come from that fuel pump relay gismo
            • Two spare wires coming from the white plug
            • And a white wires that seems to go into the diagnostic connector, which is the one I'm most concerned about. In order to be sure where it goes, I'd have to unwrap all of the tape, though.

Comment

Thanks to the genius of Intruder, who told me I can use a multi-meter to test continuity.

The white wire goes to the "TBS" plug in the diagnostic connector. The other wires go to the places I said before. I'll have to read up to figure out where "TBS" is supposed to go.

Comment

Originally posted by charles
                I have some questions about my GTX wiring harness.

Anybody know what this white connector does??? It has two wires going into it, red (or orange?) / green, and black / yellow. I couldn't find it on the wiring diagram.

For the other one, it plugs into the thing next to the knock controller, right? I don't have the knock controller or that fuel controller thingy. Anything happen if I leave it unplugged? I also have a spare green / orange wire that's not connected to anything, and it looks like it comes from there... sooo....

THANKS
                i would recomed using knock module. i think mx-6 turbo is same if u have hard time locating bpt one. the fuel pump circut i by passes and used a same as lx .the reason gtx has difrent relay for fuel pump becuse it runs 2 pumps.its easy to by pass the gtx fuel pump circut and rewire as lx .
                http://hometown.aol.com/d2maz/index.html
                )
                91 PROTEGE 4WD BPT RUNNING WOW TRACTION WITH 1.5 BAR(sold)
                97 ECLIPSE GST SPYDER (K&N ,BCS MOD, GREDDY FMIC) new toy(sold)
                99 PASSAT GLX V6 (OEM E spec navi, wife's car)
                2006 JETTA TDI DSG 50 mpg(sold)
                2006 EVO GSR
                FIXING VW's for past 10 years

Comment

Thanks, I plan to try and get the knock module. I have the fuel wiring by-passed so that it seems like it works like normal. At least, I'm pretty sure. It's kind of hard to tell, but I can at least get the pump to turn on.

Now I want to know:
                  • Is the white plug for the center differential? (Which I won't need)
                  • What is the TBS connector in the diagnostic box supposed to do / hook up to?
                  Due to differences in the wiring diagram, I can't tell.

Comment

Thanks to Dusty (emp94something), he confirmed that the white plug is not needed, so yes, it must be for the center diff.

Comment

Working...
                    X