not sure what to do???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not sure what to do???

Ok here is my predicament i have a 2002 mazda protege es it has minimal trunk space and i want to build a box in the back out of fiberglass. I dont want to have it stuck in there i want to be able to take it in and out persey. so here is what i was thinking doing 2 boxes for each 12 with an opposite 45 degree angle on each side so they stack on eachother. Its either that or have like a 6 inch gap between both boxes to fit them in there. any ideas of a design would be greatly appreciated. Im kinda at a loss here at what to do, but it wont bother me to take up the whole trunk as long as i can take both boxes out and paint them and put them back in without much prob. hope this gives a general idea thankz

I have an ES and it has a pretty big trunk. Are you trying to save as much trunk space as possible and that is all? You can get a sub designed for a small enclosures, like the Elemental Designs K series. It uses a .80 cubic foot box if you go sealed. The disadvantage is that you would need more power when using a sealed enclosure type of application. As for fiberglassing, personally, I have never used the stuff, but am sure you could do something creative like HIHO did in his P5. I think he is using 12's too (if not then 10's).
    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
    Groundkit

Comment

Nah i dont care about leaving trunk space hell i never go and get groceries andyhow :D he he, but seriously all i want is a box made out of fiberglass for 2 reasons a. the ability to mold the stuff jsut right and come out with an awesome design. b. more air in the box and better conforming to the car so hopefully less rattle. All i want out fo this though is to be able to pull out the box and put it back in. i.e. to paint, etc... im jsut not sure though on what exactly to make some of the dimesnsion to get everything to set in the trunk flush and i really hate the happening a gap in the center of the boxes idea. so if anyone has made a custom fiberglass box that works great let me knwo thankz.

Comment

make a box for one of the sides, like in this tutorial:

and have bolts run through it to hold it in place. then when you need to take it out, you take the subs out, undo the bolts, and pull it and i'm trying to figure out the "minimal trunk space" statement, since i've fit an 8 cu ft box in mine

Comment

Originally posted by r_e_d
          Nah i dont care about leaving trunk space hell i never go and get groceries andyhow :D he he, but seriously all i want is a box made out of fiberglass for 2 reasons a. the ability to mold the stuff jsut right and come out with an awesome design.
          I can picture you in the process of building it and your neighbors hearing you yelling, "He's alive, alive!!" Like in the Frankenstein movie. An idea of a custom box beats the idea of a suck ass prefab box (like mine) that wasn't designed for your subwoofer. Luckily it is sealed because I had a prefab bandpass that made my SoundStream SPL12s that I had at the time sound like ass!
          2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
          KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
          Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
          Groundkit

Comment

Working...
          X