removing calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing calipers

im planning on painting my calipers by removing them. i know you can just mask everything and fire away but i want to do it properly (i know...picky me!).

so as i've never done this before, anyone know how to remove the calipers? is there a how to on this? what should i watch out for? and how hard will it be?

Thanks.

I was searching through, looking for information on this very topic, and there is virtually none here. No one have an answer?
    My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
    JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
    AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

I will try to get a how-to up when I do my brake conversion.

It's not hard at all, there are two bolts on the calipers that allow it to swing away from the rotor. Take both of them off and the caliper should be free. (Except for the brake line)
      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

It might be a bit of work, when I did mine some of the bolts were really seized. I gave up trying to loosen them and just masked the rotors off and sprayed the calipers with paint. Made my life a lot easier.

Just a tip, if you decide to go with the "masking off method" use garbage bags instead of news paper. The bags are a lot easier to shove in small spaces and are easier to position then the paper. Good luck!
        2002 Blackmica P5
        CAI - MSP springs - Brembo cross-drilled rotors & KVR pads - Ground wires - Ignition wires - Silverstars - Eurolites - Pilot fogs - Toyo TPTs - Tint - Blue calipers & strut bar - Batsymbol in rear window

Comment

BTW., these are the same bolts you remove when you DIY Mazda-prescribed "lubricate caliper slide pins". They are the two small bolts that go into the caliper from the rear, NOT the bigger bolts that hold the frame thingy around the caliper to the suspension of the car.
          '03 P5, midnight blue, 5spd, K&N A/F, swiss cheese air intake, bumper and trunk guards.

Comment

look for posts from jprotege....he made a thread when he did his.
            According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
            X