Roomates 'totalled' Volvo 240

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roomates 'totalled' Volvo 240

My roomate got this car last year sometime. Since then, he's does quite a few mods (he's more ambitious than I am). He's done a manual transmission swap, springs, struts, wheels, glass headlights (espec), other cosmetic changes, and oh yea, he JUST finished his turbo swap about 2 weeks ago. He was having fuel problems above 3500, but he just got the turbo ECU, and turbo injectors, so he was good to go.

Basically what happened, he was driving down the road, over a this bridge, and in there is a turning lane. He was going straight, but this old guy in the opposite lane (71) was doing what old people do best (not pay attention while they drive), and cut over right infront of him. He didn't have anywhere to go really, he locked up his brakes, and hit the rear of the car.

To top it all off, the old ****er decided to yell at my roomate when he gets out of the car. Stupid ****ing old people!!!!

Luckily no one was hurt!

The insurance company decided to total the car, because his frame was bent, so he pretty much got screwed. He's thinking of sueing the guy in small-claims court for the money he's going to lose from the mods he had done to his car (although I think you should be able to insure them yourself on your insurance policy).
    Dan
    dreesemonkey

i'v said it once, and ill say it again, I HATE OLD PEOPLE!!!!!!! they suck at life. and need to be put down like an old dog. sorry to hear the cars wrecked.
    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Oh yea, I forgot to mention that his front end was just fixed/repainted 2 months ago because when he was at work, some behatch backed into him, and then ran, screwing up his hood, grill, and headlights. Bad, bad luck!
      Dan
      dreesemonkey

Comment

Hey Funk check your pm's

Damn that is crazy that that happened to his Volvo.. I am not really a fan of them , to boxy, but hey respect to those who work with what they have.

I hope he can at least buy it back and fit it for cheap
        Bruce:p:
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

DAAAYYYYMNNNN
          your friend was about to have some serious fun with that car
          because if i would have seen that in the street, that would have been a total sleeeeeeper!!
          That is a TOTAL SHAME!

and sucks also for his insurance, yeah, the insurance won't cover that if you don't tell them and if you tell them, they would add more payments for your coverage. damn insurance companies

about old people, they should ge a more rigorous testing to get a liscence to drive, they are a problem on the roads some times

but, as what you say with that car, all the repairs and hit and run that he had, he should put it to rest, salvage anything he can and get another car and put all that work in it. it is time to move on, unless he can fix it all over again!

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

Originally posted by pro00
            DAAAYYYYMNNNN
            your friend was about to have some serious fun with that car
            because if i would have seen that in the street, that would have been a total sleeeeeeper!!
            That is a TOTAL SHAME!

and sucks also for his insurance, yeah, the insurance won't cover that if you don't tell them and if you tell them, they would add more payments for your coverage. damn insurance companies

about old people, they should ge a more rigorous testing to get a liscence to drive, they are a problem on the roads some times

but, as what you say with that car, all the repairs and hit and run that he had, he should put it to rest, salvage anything he can and get another car and put all that work in it. it is time to move on, unless he can fix it all over again!
            Actually, it would have still been slower than my stock protege. I think the factory turboed 240s run in the 17s
            Dan
            dreesemonkey

Comment

Damn!
              2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

is that because it is a heavy car?
                or a small engine?

or both for that matter

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

Originally posted by pro00
                  is that because it is a heavy car?
                  or a small engine?

or both for that matter
                  Hehe, well both really... I'm not sure how much it weighs, but I'd guess over 3000lbs. The engine is 2.3l SOHC I think, 114hp stock (NA). It's a rather OLD design, his was a '91 or something, still had a mechanical fan.

However, he DOES have a HUUUUUUGE turbo he was going to slap on it, it's a holset from a chevy deisel engine. I need pics, it's mamouth!

That would make some power if he could get it to spool!
                  Dan
                  dreesemonkey

Comment

Yeah the turbo one is quick. We had a 240 turbo 4 speed push button 5th. bought it for 5 bucks beat it to death then let the city take it ...Jon

Comment

Originally posted by itzkcatz
                      Yeah the turbo one is quick. We had a 240 turbo 4 speed push button 5th. bought it for 5 bucks beat it to death then let the city take it ...Jon
                      LOL DUDE THAT CAR WAS AWESOME, when it was runnin. fuking thing kept dying, but it was fast.
                      .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                      225.94wtq
                      torque monster!!!!
                      dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                      http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                      http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Working...
                      X