i need a metal head gasket!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i need a metal head gasket!!!

I have an mx3 with a boosted bp1.8 in it. the block has been bored over .040 to accomodate 84mm wiesco low compression pistons. i can't put the head back on until i find a metal head gasket that fits. does anyone know where i can get one that will work for me?
    my name is blooprint and i'm a boostaholic.

Here you go:

-------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
    -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

head gaskets come in metal?!?! I could have sworn that they were either cork or rubber?
      1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
      1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
      2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
      2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

Another link, metal gasket.

Flyin' Miata is the world leader in Miata performance and well-engineered, proven Miata MX5 components. We offer parts for a full range of Mazda Miata, MX5 and Eunos Roadsters vehicles.

Or if the above does not work, just go to engine, and select internals.

Here goes your paycheck!

Flyin' Miata is the world leader in Miata performance and well-engineered, proven Miata MX5 components. We offer parts for a full range of Mazda Miata, MX5 and Eunos Roadsters vehicles.

Comment

thanx for your help! to the idiot that called me a tool...i know the stock head gasket is metal, so read (if reading is not to difficult for you) my post again and a see if you can figure out why my "stock ****" won't fit. who's the tool now?

Comment

i take back what i just posted. i thought "the man" was calling me a tool. thanx again everybody.

Comment

Tip for new users: TheMAN is crazy, ignoring his flaming, but you can get good info from him.
              2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by charles
                Tip for new users: TheMAN is crazy, ignoring his flaming, but you can get good info from him.

Yeah, Edwin Kinda reminds me of my boss. Which is a main reason I'm quitting.
                Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
                  midnightblue quitting the board?!

OMGWTFBBQ

Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                  BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                  Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

hey guys, i went ahead and called flying miata and they said that the stock head gasket will work just fine for me! it will be ok for up to a .060 overbore. so i'll buy a stock one and see how it works.

Comment

The man

it was about time THE MAN.
                      Last edited by WTF; 08-18-2004, 10:29 AM. Reason: about time...THE MAN

Comment

Working...
                      X