Doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doors

Has anyone ever attempted to remove to door gaurds? Im curious as to how it would look without them.
    Yes, I am a female. So please don't call me man.

I have removed mine. It gives the car such a smoother look. The glue that holds them on is a bitch to remove though. Just go to Walmart and get some adhesive remover and start scrubbing.

Comment

I took mine off as well. They look very clean that way. Mine werent the color of my car, I think they look much better if they are.
      Sagaris

Comment

Yeah I took mine off also and it looks alot better. I would recomend you heat it up with a heat gun when you peel it off. It will help you get most of the 3m tape off so you won't have to bust your ass taking off all of the tape.

Comment

Here's a how-to:

Mazdas247 is an independent community featuring Discussion Forums, Classifieds and Resources for Mazda vehicles.

Comment

pics?
            My OLD Car

Comment

I dunno, with all the inconsiderate bastards and bratty, ill-behaved kids out there flinging doors open with no regard for my property, I think I feel better with them on.
              ~Mark.
              2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

Door guards don't protect against bratty kids driving SUV's =(
                02' Protege ES sedan w/ 03 refresh package, loaded with everything minus sunroof, 5 speed manual, red neons under seats to match red lighting on guage cluster/center consol *you can't hug children with nuclear arms*

Comment

what of the door handle mouldings?
                  i have an lx2.0, sunlight silver, with unsightly black, plastic mouldings on the door handles..

this is gonna be one of those super labour intensive springs...

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
                  RB springs
                  Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
                  MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

black plastic molding on the door handles? I thought the handles came black or the color of the car.
                    Sagaris

Comment

possibly... i bought the car used, so that must have been how it was ordered.. i'll just wait a little bit and see if i can find new handles at a junkyard or just paint the nasty black plastic a nice soft gunmetal

RB springs
                      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

If you paint them there is a possibility that they might chip.
                        Sagaris

Comment

even if i used plastic paint??
                          It would probably be temporary until i can find new handles...

hmmmm. i'll look into that before next spring.. almost winter here, so NOTHING is getting done to my car... just a lot of reading and planning.
                          damn snow

RB springs
                          Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

Im not sure about plastic paint. worse comes to worse you can always take it off.
                            Sagaris

Comment

I wanted to take mine off but they saved my doors from so many dings im scared to do it now

Comment

Working...
                              X