Legal question about lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legal question about lighting

Now, I know it's illegal to have exterior blue/red lighting (at least where I live). So, does the same rule apply to interior?

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
    Now, I know it's illegal to have exterior blue/red lighting (at least where I live). So, does the same rule apply to interior?

from my understanding, its as long as you don't have blue/red interior lighting in direct view whereas it may seem like you're impersonating an emergency vehicle.

side note. you can't see ish at night if you have a black/blue/red light for your dome light. i had it before back in HS and nah, def not worth it. btw they burn out way too easily.
    Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
    FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
    Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

no, i wasn't thinkin about replacing the factory bulbs, that's dumb, I was thinking more along the lines of hidden LEDs, get that glowing effect

Comment

Just to back up what was already said...........as long as they're not in direct view from the outside..........i.e.: in the rear window, then you're good to go. I've got some red ones under my seats to match the stock red lighting and I love it, very nice, simple, tastful thing to do.
        02' Protege ES sedan w/ 03 refresh package, loaded with everything minus sunroof, 5 speed manual, red neons under seats to match red lighting on guage cluster/center consol *you can't hug children with nuclear arms*

Comment

It's not illega as long as you cant see the bulb. Such as putting a led inside your air vents, underneath your seats, etc.

Comment

I've seen Scions that come with blue colored lighting on the inside. It might vary depending on where you are, though.
            2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

It's going to vary from state to state, even city to city...before you listen to anyone here, look up your local vehicle codes.

Comment

Working...
              X