Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interior trim removal Tips/tricks etc.....??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interior trim removal Tips/tricks etc.....??

At the end of July I got a couple weeks off and I plan to gut my interior and clean the **** out of the mother****er.
    I already know how to remove the seats, center console, door panels, plastic parts underneath the door on the rocker panels, but how the **** do I remove the A-B and C pillar panels, the rear seat backs, headliner, dash padding and the **** around the stereo/climate control panels??
    Advice suggestions are welcome and apprecitated.

Thankls.
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Someone else asked a similar question and got this answer: "RTFM". lol
    I tried removing the dash once, but couldn't, so I can't give you advice on that. But I can tell you how to get the rear seats out of the car. Fold down the seats, and unbolt them. There are a couple of bolts holding them down on each side and in the middle. Once you get the seat backs off, I think you just pull the seat and it pops right off.

Comment

Word, thanks I'll try that and just pry the other **** off, hopefully it won't break.
      Ryan The middle child is always ignored
      BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Good luck with that.

Let me know how you pulled some of those hard to get pieces. If they don't break
        ED
        '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
        Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
        WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

After going to the junkyard I remembered this post on here are the side panels, i think this is what you are calling pillars, removed so you can see the locations that they bolt-on to.

In order to remove the side parts you have to pry open the seat belt covering and unscrew the 14mm (I think) nut. Other than that the pictures should tell everything.

Last edited by loganss; 08-22-2004, 05:36 PM.
          ED
          '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
          Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
          WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

Working...
          X