Interior Color Grey
    Body Style Hatchback
    Doors Two Door
    Engine 4 Cylinder Gasoline
    Trans. Manual
    Drive Type All wheel drive
    VIN JM1BF2340J0154601

Comments
    1988 Mazda 323 GTX 4WD Turbo 1.6l 5 speed manual. Engine: o 1.6l B6T o IHI VJ-14 turbo o Full time 4WD. Has a full diff lock button making it 50/50 o Remapped ECU (AFR on the dyno chart was ~12 throughout most of the rev range) o Blitz SBC boost controller (currently set for 10psi and 15psi) o GReddy Type S BOV o Custom intercooler, turbo, and intake piping. It's quite an awesome setup. Unfortunately some of it wasn't powder coated so it's got surface rust, it still works 100 percent though, just ugly. o 626/Probe intercooler front mounted o 2.5" exhaust downpipe back o NO GRINDS IN THE TRANSMISSION! Interior/Exterior: o Tint o Power windows o Crank sunroof that tilts or slides into the roof o Awesome GTX seats with a bunch of adjustments o Grant wheel o Cheapo A-pilar pod with Autometer boost gage o Momo brake and clutch pedals o Keyless entry o Crappy old CD player, speakers and such -- who needs 'em when you have spool up and BOV to atmo? o Four wheel disc brakes o GTR front bumper with Hella driving lights o GTR hood vents o Hood pins o 179k miles on chassis Issues: o No A/C, it had it, and still has some of the lines but I don't have the parts. o Water pump whines, it's going to need to be changed soon. I'm too bloody lazy to do it o Drivers window jumps off the track when it gets towards the top, so you need to guide it. o Drivers power window switch is flakey and you have to push it a few times to make it go down, but not back up. Probably just needs some contact cleaner. o Fuel gage acts weird, I've been told it's common on GTX's o It is a 16 year old car, there are squeaks, rattles, and all the other fun little gremlins that can annoy some in this car. $5,000 or best offer. Or: Trade for a 88-91 Civic hatchback plus $2,000-2,500 in cash for the GTX. Civic must have AC and manual transmission. I prefer an Si model. Please email me jesse@waffleiron.org as I work nights and sleep during the day. Thanks! Sorry about the formating, Autotrader formats it this way

Options Installed
    Alloy Wheels; AM/FM Radio; Compact Disc Player; AM/FM Stereo Cassette; Power Windows; Sunroof/Moonroof; Tinted Glass
    Last edited by maz94protege; 06-30-2004, 11:47 AM.
    Maroon 1995 Probe SE
    Beige 1994 Protege DX
    Silver 2001 Protege ES

location of the 323?
    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
    So his engine he goosed
    With much too much boost,
    And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

669 miles from Northern California, according to the link. *shrug*
      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Badass ride

Comment

Look closer. That is NOT a GTX. thats an 88 B6T. Mazdas 1.6L T that outputs around 140 or so if I remember my numbers right.

The GTX could fit in that car, but it is an 88 323, not the 90-94 323 that the GTX is commonly swapped into.

Still nice find though. I like the GTX/R body kit on there.
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
            Look closer. That is NOT a GTX. thats an 88 B6T. Mazdas 1.6L T that outputs around 140 or so if I remember my numbers right.

The GTX could fit in that car, but it is an 88 323, not the 90-94 323 that the GTX is commonly swapped into.

Still nice find though. I like the GTX/R body kit on there.

You do realize there was a 1988 mazda GTX 4wd hatch in the states? And that is it. It had the b6t 1.6 dohc turbo engine

Comment

yea it looks like a rare car with the kit and its a dohc awd, plus yea it looks like the 1.6.
              Maroon 1995 Probe SE
              Beige 1994 Protege DX
              Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

I just wanted to clarify that for the ppl who want a gtx for the 1st gen pro/323
                The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
                X