installed my a/f gauge today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

installed my a/f gauge today

yesterday my friend bought some stuff off of our friend , gauge pods and this a/f gauge and WRX spoiler. well he didn't need the a/f gauge because he already had one, so I took it.

Today I installed the gauge into my protege. I connected the sensor wire to the blue wire on the O2 sensor and did the power and ground wires.
    Everything worked great. When driving the car stays in middle(stoiche, for autometer) and rarely if ever goes into rich..
    Even with hard acceleration through 1st and 2nd the meter stays in stoiche(the middle). Needless to say I was happy.

I also bled my clutch hydro resovoir(sp) . God the fluid that came out was so black . The clutch pedal feals much more stiffer than it did before. Definetly a good thing.

I bled the front brakes over again ... they are still mushy as ever. I am going to search the junkyard to find an LX protege with rear discs and take them off and put them on the Protege. I am also gonna take the Brake booster. I could order one for the 1.8 from the dealer but no telling what that would run ..

ohh well
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

where'd you mount and if it was on the pillar where did you get a pillar pd for the 2nd gen?

Comment

I was in a rush to get to work .. So I did the ghetto mount. I just layed it next to the gauge cluster lol ..
      I didn't even run the wires through the firewall, they go around the fender. The signal anyway , not the power.

I am thinking of where to mount it . I may continue with my original plan and put it under the radio.
      My other plan is to fiberglass a custom stearing colum and put one gauge in it..
      Bruce

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Do you know of any pillar pods for our cars or any universal ones? I know Faze Gauges makes on but it looks kinda ugly like

Comment

I honestly never cared to look . I don't want them up there on the pillar because I am going for the sleeper look. I don't even want people to even remotely think that I am boosted. (or going to be) .. I am really thinking to put the a/f gauge down under the radio. I know the boost is going there also .. I will most likely put them both down there.

Everyone around my way is going low key when it comes to gauges. noone wants them were people can see them cause then everyone wants to race. trucks,buses,civic, accords whatever... lol ...

Once I get this downpipe and the msd from marcio.. I am gonna be on the ball.. I just need the carbon fiber hood and rims and things should be like 75% complete... I still have the brake swap..
          bruce

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

true true... I want the the pillar mainly cuz I thought of the area below the radio but thats where my dvd player will eventually end up going under the normal HU..... I also thought of putting them in my fiberglass pod im making for my amp controler that goes on the head liner but decided against it since the shape would be really wierd and would a pain in in the ass to stick more wires under the headliner

Comment

Yeah my next thing is to send Marcio this money for the msd..
              then I need to push to save for the Carbon Fiber Hood.... KKKKrrrrIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSS....

Then I need to get the brakes done. I have to go to a few yards and get down and dirty on a first gen..

Can't forget the Downpipe from Loginology..
              PLus so much more.
              Bruce

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

my universal gauge pod some from under my radio. i believe sunpro was the maker of mine, i got it from jc whitney.
                .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                225.94wtq
                torque monster!!!!
                dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

bruce,

you've seen where i put my gauges right? i love the placement of them. the only thing i would suggest is that when you drive, you kinda of not want your gauges out of your view esp when looking at the road racing, seeing where your boost is at, or when you are tuning by yourself. its def helpful seeing at what rpm are in esp when boosting.

check out my cardomain page if you haven't.
                  Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
                  FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
                  Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

hehe don't forget I have the pic of yours Pat. I think that is a geat location to put the gauges. I don't want to copy so I may put the boost up there by the pillar. Just 1 gauge.

You know what I was thinking for the a/f/ I was thinking to put it right over the steering column. I would have to fiberglass it in though, so that It would look stock. I think I have a second upper column so I may be able to practice on that.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by Project323
                      bruce,

you've seen where i put my gauges right? i love the placement of them. the only thing i would suggest is that when you drive, you kinda of not want your gauges out of your view esp when looking at the road racing, seeing where your boost is at, or when you are tuning by yourself. its def helpful seeing at what rpm are in esp when boosting.

check out my cardomain page if you haven't.
                      wow looks good, how hard was it to put the gauges in the dash like that??

186.08whp
                      225.94wtq
                      torque monster!!!!

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

yea i've seen the boost gauge above the steering wheel column.. looks good too if you do it right. =)

-----

doing what i did...

difficulty level 3 of 5

definitly take alot of time and precision. you don't want to mess up.
                        Last edited by Project323; 09-23-2003, 03:48 PM.
                        Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
                        FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
                        Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

yeah thats what i figured, when i drilled into my double din cd holder under my radio, it was pretty much that same thing, dont want to mees it up. the single is like 21 bucks.

186.08whp
                          225.94wtq
                          torque monster!!!!

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

This is the gauge that I have

my lights don't go above the middle green except upon warm up...

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

how do you like that gauge?? i was going t buy it, but wanted to match all my gauges up.

186.08whp
                              225.94wtq
                              torque monster!!!!

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Working...
                              X