get opinions

Does anyone know anything about this amp

2003 BOSS AUDIO SYSTEMS
    2000 WATT KLASH K-780
    2-CH HIGH POWER AMPLIFIER

and will it push these speakers well

2003 MEMPHIS PR124D 12" DVC Subwoofers

or some other amp you guys might recommend

I really like these speakers i have heard them in action with a different amp though not sure what amp, but i have seen these speakers almost literally blow a guys trunk lid off his car he he not really but you get the idea.

i've never been a fan of boss. they put out some really cheap equipment that is severely overrated. the 2000 watts for that amp is the WLS rating (when lightning strikes) if it puts out the rated rms power, the 350x2, it's a bit overpowering for those subs. they are ok subs, but i don't know the price on them, so i can't give another recomendation for the price range. how much are you planning on paying for subs and amp? believe me when i say with the wealth of knowledge from our memebers, we can find a better setup for the same price

Comment

well i believe it was gonna be under 300 like 250-300 something like that. so then what setup would you recommend???? amp and subs at the same price and links to where i can find this stuff to please he he. thankz

Comment

as far as the best sub for your money, you can't beat the e-design K sub:

for $135, you get the performance of a $250+ sub

as far as amps go, you've got a few choices. aside from back order problems, avionixx puts out great amps. the AXA 400.2 will work perfect with the e12K.14

or you could go with us acoustics USX600D:
        The rare domain name TheZeb.com is now available for purchase, lease or rent for your next The Zeb project. The perfect name for your marketing and advertising campaigns.

with the e12K.44

you could also check e-bay, or check the list of websites that is a sticky at the top of the audio section look for an amp that will put out about 400 watts x 1 at either 4 or 2 ohm.

Comment

I agree with Blue here. Some companies *cough* Pyramid, even uses the extra glued on magnet on the inside of the amp to trick people in to thinking "Man this thing weighs a ton! Must be the power capicitors in this thing!" In a lot of cases you get what you pay for, but there are companies that make good stuff without being made of cheap quality as Blue suggested. Asking around like you are doing is the best way to find out and get the most bang for your buck!
          2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
          KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
          Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
          Groundkit

Comment

ok i found this amp

VISONIK V800XD

pretty awesome specs tell me what you think, but what speakers would go with this and this amp could prolly run 2 12's np and the rest of my speakers as well i dunno let me know what you think i can get this amp for like 265$

also this speaker

BRAND NEW 12" COMPETITION 1000 WATT PERFORMANCE TEKNIQUE SUBWOOFER

1000 WATTS PEAK POWER

500 WATTS CONTINUOUS

would this be a nice setup yes or no?????
            Last edited by r_e_d; 09-23-2003, 12:33 AM.

Comment

i'm not a big fan of visonik, since they are sister companies with MA audio, and i've seen some bench tests on their amps, and they rarely put out over half their rated power. ma and visonik share the same components, so the quality just really isn't there. as far as the subs go, please dear god, don't do it!!!! one of the k-series subs will blow away both those subs.

Comment

Working...
              X