Intake supposed to look like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake supposed to look like this?

When I put in my AWR engine mounts, I took the intake tubing off, and noticed this in my intake (manifold?). Is this normal?

My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
    JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
    AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

thats what mine looked like when i had Jiffy Lube clean my fuel system.... THEY said it was carbon build up in there... thats just what they said... it's Jiffy Lube though.

Comment

How old is your air filter? Perhaps its time for a new one. While you're at it, give the throttle body a wipe down or something assuming you haven't yet.
      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Just a little buidup. Nothing to worry about, just make sure you clean the TB nicely before you put everything back together.
        -------------------------
        '91 LX
        '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
        well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

air filter was replaced around 1k miles ago. So this is the throttle body then. oops. What's the best thing to clean it with?
          My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
          JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
          AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

There's throttle body cleaner that they sell at your local auto stores.

Originally posted by glyph
            air filter was replaced around 1k miles ago. So this is the throttle body then. oops. What's the best thing to clean it with?
            '91 LX
            '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
            well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

I use carb/intake cleaner spray alittle start the car.
              Car smoke alittle greenish cooler then it goes away... Do not spray to much.. REPEAT Do not Spray to much.. You will cause harm if you spray to much at a time........

Comment

You should see what a turbo car's TB looks like....that is if you dont use a catch can...can you say Blow-By?!!

Comment

Working...
                X