Flashing Air bag light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flashing Air bag light

hi, guys i'm new here and I have a question about my protege, my airbag light seems to blink 7 times, pauses and then it starts again. The light goes off at random usually or when i'm on a bumpy road.

thanks

oh yeah, i almost forgot it's a 1995 protege DX

Comment

Its probably one of the sensors going bad, or some electrical problem. I have been driving with my light steady ON for almost a year now, only because I do not want to shell out about $150 for just a diagnostic test at the dealer's to tell me whats wrong with my car, and then pay them more to fix it. It is funny though, that during colder months of the winter, the light goes away.
      "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

maybe we should ditch the airbag and get that racing steering wheel that we always wanted
        hehe
        I am so tempted
        Bruce
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

about a week after I got mine, the bag light started flashing a few times, pause, flash.......... it did that for a week or two and never did it again.
          Ryan The middle child is always ignored
          BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
          Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

turbonium959:

I was thinking the same thing, but I'll just ride with it like that i don't think anything bad will happen.

bruce95fmla: hmmmmm not a bad idea

midnightblue97: Basically that's what happened to me I bought this car in August but instead she does it randomly like 1 day and then 2 weeks later again. That's the only quirk she has b/c i replaced her O2 sensor recently.

murcielago from protegeclub.com posted this response to my post over there:

Check with MAZDA to confirm this but here is what i found.

AIRBAG LIGHTS FOR MIATAs

# of Flashes Possible Cause

ON Faulty diagnostic module or poor connection of diagnostic module connector
            2 Poor ground of all D-sensors
            3 Open Circuit or poor connection of power source circuit
            4 Faulty S-sensor
            5 Fault D-sensor (D-sensor remains ON)
            6 Faulty air bag modules or poor connection of clock spring
            connector
            7 Poor ground of wiring harness
            8 Poor ground of D-sensor
            9 Open circuit between diagnostic modules and D-sensor
            10 Faulty diagnostic module (System-down fuse burned)

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
              ahem... this thread has nothing to do with engine performance
              Well I'll be goddamned, you're right.
              Ryan The middle child is always ignored
              BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

it was flashing because my electrical system wasn't getting the recoomended current. At least that was the electrical tech told me. It hasn't flashed since :D

Comment

Working...
                X