Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my rpm gone wild and clutch feels weird...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my rpm gone wild and clutch feels weird...

Ok , just picked my car from mechanic today , and here's couple things I noticed became differentsince I drove it last time :
    first of all the point when car strt moving is somwhere about 3/4 way of a pedal from the floor. feels weird , but mechanic said there's no way to adjust it because it's hidrolic clutch .
    Then on the warm engine now my rpm sits a little above 1000 . but if I'll hit clutch or brake it goes down to 800-900 . If I rave engine and then release the pedal rpms goes up normally, bu then goes down almost to 400 rpm , car start shaking and rpm slowly going back to 1100 . I think mechanic had to take my intake off , maybe it has something to do with it ? It's all stock under the hood.
    It use to be before , rpms went a little below 700, and then back to normal 800 , but never been like that...
    Anyone can helpwhat's that could be ?
    thanks
    98 protege LX for appearance
    89 626 GT for performance

Try tightening the intake clamps checking for leaks and ****. You got the new cluch??
    I think the mech is right, there s no way to adjust it. Might be just one of those "new clutch things" Assuming you got the new one in.
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Just an update. I talk with mechanic and he said he has nothing to do with it .sure, I knew he's gonna say that.
      Anyway i drove car for a bit today and RPM was sitting at 500 for a while many times when i pressed brake , or clutch . in neutral it's about 1100 rpm . when I'm turning steering wheel rpms goes up and down way more then it can be. I just thought could it be possible if one of the sensors broke by any chance in my intake and car running poor mixture. I think it dosn't pull as it should , and when engine is cold it works much better then when it's cold.
      Any suggestions ?
      On top of that what can make my clutch pedal to be lower , it's not really normal when it's catching almost at the end of pedal way on a new clutch.
      thanks

Comment

any suggestions ?
        it stalled once today when i turned on ac and came to the stop... then it just went too low, like 300-400 but then went up a bit and sit at 500-600.... gonna bring it somewhere tommorow to check

Comment

Stumped on the idling issues.
          So your clutch won't disengage till the pedal is almost at the floor?
          Try bleeding it.
          Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

pardon my English I guess I didn't say it right. It doesn't engage till the pedal is almost released . I don't have to press it more then quater of the way to the floor to shift....

Comment

AHHH Ok Now I got it.
              Well, I guess I'm stumped on that too.

Comment

dude! i have the same prob on my 323 afte a visit to the mech.... i think that some mech`s dunno **** from mazda`s.... i car after it has its temperature to normal levels(olmost in the midle) run`s at 1100 and if you turn on the light and the fog light`s goes back to 800.... some times when i brake and turn i feal the motor strugling to stay on.... the only thing that my mech did after thats was puting the motor to work at 1300 so it wont strugle but that made it consume more gas....

P.S. sorry but my english are a bit rusty
                sigpicOf all the things i`ve lost.. i miss my mind the most....

Comment

to adjust the clutch there is a metal push rod under the dash and you can change were the clutch releases and to the 1100 rpm my car does the same thing and i havnt figured it out
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2351990

Comment

ive had the same trouble try injector cleaner if it stops or doesnt do it as much go get your injectors cleaned good luck ive also tryed putting my revs up but it didnt fix the problem just hid it

Comment

sounds like an iac problem or timeing issue. but if he was doing a clutch he shouldnt have touched eithe one of those.
                      mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

Working...
                      X