Performance Break Rotors Calipers and Every Thing For 94 Protege LX Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance Break Rotors Calipers and Every Thing For 94 Protege LX Needed

Hey, I own a 1994 Mazda Protege LX and i have to redo the breaks and calliper because they are frozen any one know where I can get performace rotors, pads, and callipers. Help is greatly appreciated.

if your going to get "performance rotors" i would suggest just getting slotted ones, not drilled, as drilleds weaken the structure of the rotor. brembo has them. also ebay has some as well. they wont really give you any performance gains, and are pretty pricey, but they look cool anywhrre that sells brake stuff will have pads and rotors, as for calipers, i dont think there are any, and unless your pushing alot of power, you dont need them.

also, this is in the wrong section, moving to the correct one
    Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Need to Redo Break System

I need to redo the whole break system on my car so master cylinder and calipers and rotors and pads and lines because it has a leak and the front calipers are sticking, any place online to get performance rotors and pads and if calipers, will stock fit performance rotors? any suggestions. I pushing about 210-215 w/o turbo and planning to turbo...

Comment

210hp w/o turbo?? how?? pics?!

anywhoo . . . www.tirerack.com will have brake pads and rotors (oem spec and performance)
        Tag Team

Comment

210hp means your either running a kl-ze or on the bottle right? if you want to upgrade the master cylinder, i understand that you can get one from a mazda 929 and its a good brake upgrade. if your feeling daring you could go get come calipers (and pads, of course) off of a 2nd gen rx7.
          Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Goodridge makes nice SS lines as does Corksport. You might want to look into this, a nice set of pads and some good brake fluid for starters. Do you race the car or is it mainly a daily driver?
            -------------------------
            '91 LX
            '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
            -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
            well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

210hp on a 1st gen?!?!?!? you must have a motor swap.....post pics buddy!
              91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
              Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

Buy all remanufactured/rebuilt stock ****.
                If you're just driving on the street and you want to brake better then get stickier tires.
                If you're racing, get some better brake pads, better fluid, and maybe some steel braided brake lines.
                Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

brakes
                  93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                  02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                  05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Lol.
                    14x6 Miata 7-spoke alloys, 20mm Protege Swaybar, Progress Suspension Springs, Kemanized Intake with K&N Filtercharger, Iceman Cold Air Intake, B&M Short Throw Shifter, CWQ3 S/R PCM, and one hell of a reckless driver.

Euro ride: RHD 1990 Mazda 323F GT. Painfully stock.

Comment

1. Borred and Ported, I had my friend bore the piston heads larger,
                      2. Larger Throttle Body.
                      3. Custom Cold Air Intake
                      4. Genie Headers, And Down Piping,
                      5. Full Straight Pipe from Down Pipe, to free up air, no Cat Convert.
                      6. Unorthodox Cam and Pully and Aluminum Flywheel
                      7. Magnicore Wires,
                      8. Custom Ground Wire Kit.
                      And MORE...

BUT I really need to fix my breaks, Car is to unstable to drive right now.

Comment

then i suggest you DRIVE SLOWER till you can stop correctly, go on ebay and buy some roaters and pads...
                        91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.