me and my bright ideas.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

me and my bright ideas.........

ok call me stupid.... no really do cuz i deserve it but thats not the point.
    ive been thinking about swapping a 1.3l 13B T from a 8x-91 rx-7... i have a friend that is rotary engine certified that beliueves he could do it although we never have gotten into much about all the parts required.... id like some of your opinions on whether you think the swap is possible and to what all it would entail as far as parts go..... any help is appreciated....

oh and on another note finally ripped out most of my stock intake up to the filter box and installed and after market cone filter.... purrs like a kitten now.... still wondering if the civic intake autozone sells will fit my car.. oh well thanks for reading

You----> <----Me

Don't bother, not cost effective.
    I can only imagine what Edwin would say, luckily he seems to be on vacation.
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

^----:rofl:
      My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
      JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
      AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

im not too worried about it being cost effective.... i just want to be unique. i mean seriously how many protege do you see running around with a rotary engine in em?

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
          You----> <----Me

Don't bother, not cost effective.
          I can only imagine what Edwin would say, luckily he seems to be on vacation.
          When TheMAN's away, the mice come out and play.

02 DX Millenium Red
          Last edited by goldstar; 07-11-2004, 10:14 AM.
          02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
          MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
          MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
          Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
          MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
          Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
          Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
          Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
          Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
          Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
          Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
          Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
          Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Originally posted by psycotic
            im not too worried about it being cost effective.... i just want to be unique. i mean seriously how many protege do you see running around with a rotary engine in em?
            how would I know?
            My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
            JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
            AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

Fine.... There are a couple of rotary powered 323 in New Zealand, they are mongrels that have been converted to RWD, they are fast, but they handle like bags of **** because of all the cutting involved.
              Do a search, almost every newbie on the planet that comes to this and other forums has the same idea, you're not the first. They all say "YEAH MAN I WANNA BE M4D YOON33K Y0!!!! I GOTS THE KNOWLEDGE TO DO IT AND I GOTS DA MONEY AND I KNOW WUT DA **** IS UP"

Don't bother, its a waste of time. A huge expenditure of money for results that ultimately you won't be satisfied with. designing and fabrication alone will probably run you several thousand bucks unless you're a mechanical engineer and have access to a machine shop, welders, etc etc etc..............
              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

If you can pull it off more power to you ....
                photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Do a search, almost every newbie on the planet that comes to this and other forums has the same idea, you're not the first. They all say "YEAH MAN I WANNA BE M4D YOON33K Y0!!!! I GOTS THE KNOWLEDGE TO DO IT AND I GOTS DA MONEY AND I KNOW WUT DA **** IS UP"
                  ok i may not be as experienced as most of the people in here but i learn by doing... i mean i rip my damn car apart like everyday just to learn how something else works.... 1 /\/\34n 45 |0ng as i have fun doing it i dont care who calls me a n00b. I never said i was rich by any means. i said money wasnt an issue simply refering to the fact that whatever money i did get id be willing to put into the project. and as far as knowledge goes i refered to my friend being rotary engine certified. get your facts straight before you go bashing other peoples ideas. besides where would the world be without stupid ideas.

back to the idea... even though the 13b is made for rear wheel drive, with the way the car is setup up would it not be possible to run it fwd?

Comment

and as far as knowledge goes i refered to my friend being rotary engine certified. get your facts straight before you go bashing other peoples ideas. besides where would the world be without stupid ideas.
                    Just because your friend is rotary engine certified, the really means nothing. He can work on them, he knows how they work, so do I. That doesn't make him an expert at custom fabrication of engine mounts, mand mechanical engineering and design. It means he's got a piece of paper saying he can do something that lots of other people can do too. I'm not saying that hedoesn't know anything.
                    Oh and I do have my facts straight. I stated the facts that we get lots of moobs in here first asking about a rotary swap, then talking about how they are ready willing and able to put the time, money and work involved into doing it.
                    I don't see how that is bashing your idea.

Comment

ok midnight i see no point in arguing. let me rephrase my original question.....
                      if "someone" were to do a rotary swap what parts would be required?
                      mounts
                      ecu
                      timing belts
                      etc....

Comment

im sure ifu have any ?'s bout putting a rotary in ur pro. u can ask skr33t_racer he has done it before,...

Comment

I have no clue what is required, but I say you figure it out and prove everybody wrong. A rotary powered protege would OWN!
                          2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
                            you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

Comment

Of course it's possible to swap it in... anything custom is POSSIBLE. I know there have been a few threads about it in the past that explain at least part of what would go into it. Seek and ye shall find.

I agree with Bruce... if you can do it, more power to you. But you'd better have another car to drive, cause it's not gonna be a weekend project.

Comment

Working...
                              X