Best strut/Spring combo for 4wd protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best strut/Spring combo for 4wd protege

I was curious if the 2wd protege struts and springs will work on the 4wd model?. If not does anyone know a good company that makes some for the 4wd model. Thanks Jon

When I had my 4WD, I took a look at the strut and it looked identical to the struts in my GT. I would say they are identical, but until someone actually swaps a set in, I wouldn't know. I'm quite confident they are though.
    My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
    - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

gtx struts will fit but GTR struts are wider at the base

Comment

just an observation, but wouldn't the rears be different, seeing as there is a drive axle there on the 4wd? Unless it just slips under.

As for springs, you may want to look at the MX3 or ZX2 springs. As they are heavier cars, so the springs will be stiffer. The 4wd Pro, i would imagine is few hundred pounds heavier than the 2wd. Or go for some coilovers to be able to get the exact spring rate you want/need. But match the strut to the spring. (i.e. valving to spring rate)

Comment

I am pretty sure that TheMAN said somewhere that the rear is different.
          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Im in transition of getting this car, Im just trying to find out what i should buy, At a decent price.

Comment

www.oemfordparts.com has ZX2 S/R struts for a VERY good price.
              14x6 Miata 7-spoke alloys, 20mm Protege Swaybar, Progress Suspension Springs, Kemanized Intake with K&N Filtercharger, Iceman Cold Air Intake, B&M Short Throw Shifter, CWQ3 S/R PCM, and one hell of a reckless driver.

Euro ride: RHD 1990 Mazda 323F GT. Painfully stock.

Comment

Working...
              X