Spied: Mazdaspeed6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spied: Mazdaspeed6

Mazda is prepping its own entry for the Subie-Mitsu rally wars—a 276-hp, 265-lb-ft Mazda 6 scheduled for a mid-2005 world debut. Spotted during hot-weather tests in the California desert, this sizzling prototype gets a twin-turbocharged and intercooled 2.3-liter four that is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox and sends power via all-wheel drive to 18-inch tires.
    Based on Mazda’s Mazda Performance Series concept shown in Paris in 2002, the production model should debut at this September’s Paris show, carrying either the MPS or MazdaSpeed moniker.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

sweet! but for some reason it sounds faster than it looks... any word on it's curb weight?

Kinda strange they'd use the larger 6 platform to compete against the scoob/mitsu cars on more of a Protege/3 platform... meh IT HAS TWIN TURBOS!

Comment

uhhhhhhh, need a clean up crew.
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

That's ****ing pimp!! I agree with Darryl though, I wish they had done it on the Protege/3 platform -- kinda like a GTR ressurection. :D
        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Why are they not using the V6 engine?

Comment

I like the Porsche below it better. I don't really like the new Mazdas (with the exception of the RX-8, and even then I think I'd rather have an RX-7). The 3 is too small, the 6 is exactly like all other cars in its class (except for the 5-door version, which is actually pretty cool-looking), the Miata's a girl car, the MPV is ugly, the Tribute is just another SUV, and the trucks are underpowered.
            ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

well, i do agree that Mazda's middle name is UNDERPOWERED. But they are unique. I don't think they look like all the others. Except the trucks, they're just Fords with a Mazda badge, never liked em much. and yes, the 5 door and wagon 6's are sweet.

Comment

i would put this car to compete against the likes of the new Legacy GT... a grand touring performance family sedan... with ungodly suspension setup + turbo awd

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

hmm, maybe Subaru WILL bring their legendary Legacy B4 over after all (FULL 300hp a la STi)

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

Yes!!!!!!!
                    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

They prolly used the 2.3L because twin turbos on a V6 wouldn't fit in the engine bay. . . just a thought tho

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
                        well, i do agree that Mazda's middle name is UNDERPOWERED. But they are unique. I don't think they look like all the others. Except the trucks, they're just Fords with a Mazda badge, never liked em much. and yes, the 5 door and wagon 6's are sweet.
                        It would be cooler if they had made the MSP6 the 5-door version. They may be, for all i know.
                        ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

hey, im new here, but i work a mazda dealership, and the 3\6, even the rx8 arent so much about power as they are handling. even the msp miata really isnt much faster than the special edition miatas, but get er a bit sideways doing 75 around a corner that most other cars do 55 and they get a little less girly.

and btw, last we heard from mazda, the msp6 will be based on the 5 door.

Comment

Awesome. I happen to like the looks of the 5-door better than the sedan.
                            Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

sexy looking car, me likey.
                              .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                              225.94wtq
                              torque monster!!!!
                              dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                              http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                              http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Working...
                              X