Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what the hell's going on w/ the carbon hoods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what the hell's going on w/ the carbon hoods?

last year we were supposed to get this group buy deal for some carbon hoods. supposidly(spelling) we were suppose to get the hook up from kdawgone or whatever and get some damn hoods made. so what's going on?

anyone else interested in the hoods? and if enough people are dead set on getting a hood, maybe we can source a vendor/maker of carbon products here in the u.s. instead of going to canada.

any other thoughts/ideas/suggestions? i want a carbon hood bad!
    Almost there

jdm tails... check
    jdm bumper... check
    ms lip... check
    ms grill... check
    ms sideskirts... check
    ms rear skirts... check
    ms spoiler... check
    ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
    Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Originally posted by 95pro
    last year we were supposed to get this group buy deal for some carbon hoods. supposidly(spelling) we were suppose to get the hook up from kdawgone or whatever and get some damn hoods made. so what's going on?

anyone else interested in the hoods? and if enough people are dead set on getting a hood, maybe we can source a vendor/maker of carbon products here in the u.s. instead of going to canada.

any other thoughts/ideas/suggestions? i want a carbon hood bad!

i spoke with the guy doing it, i guess they're waiting for the molding to cure and then will start poping out hoods every 2 weeks from there on. we'll see. i'm supposed to get one of the 1st hoods, so we'll see.
    Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
    FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
    Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

okay...who wants carbon hoods?
      i've recieved word from a carbon fiber manufacturer that they are willing to make hoods for our cars.

now, now...these are some high quality hoods.

these are not:

made of fiberglass then covered with carbon fiber
      cheap ass hoods like others on ebay, etc.

these are:
      all carbon fiber
      extremely light
      extremely tough

prices though, might scare most of you off.lol

1200-1500 set-up fee, for the molds and tooling. we could spllit the costs of this up.

and after that, hoods per person should be around 500 dollars.

yikes! but let me know who's interested and willing to get some high quality **** for the 2gen proteges.

check out www.carbon-werks.com

thanks
      c'mon guys we need this, well i do.
      Almost there

jdm tails... check
      jdm bumper... check
      ms lip... check
      ms grill... check
      ms sideskirts... check
      ms rear skirts... check
      ms spoiler... check
      ms struts... check

Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by 95pro
        okay...who wants carbon hoods?
        i've recieved word from a carbon fiber manufacturer that they are willing to make hoods for our cars.

now, now...these are some high quality hoods.

these are not:

made of fiberglass then covered with carbon fiber
        cheap ass hoods like others on ebay, etc.

these are:
        all carbon fiber
        extremely light
        extremely tough

prices though, might scare most of you off.lol

1200-1500 set-up fee, for the molds and tooling. we could spllit the costs of this up.

and after that, hoods per person should be around 500 dollars.

yikes! but let me know who's interested and willing to get some high quality **** for the 2gen proteges.

check out www.carbon-werks.com

thanks
        c'mon guys we need this, well i do.
        we already have a hood already in the makes. Kris found a guy out of Canada that is doing it for us.

The mold is already done or just about cured. They're working on the 1st hood now. Takes about 3 weeks til its done. I already have my name on it.... hehehe. then they'll be poping one out every 3 weeks. looks like it'll be about 400 US for the hood. all CF top bottom and everything in between. don't know what shipping is yet.

i'll get back to you on the details when i get them.
        Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
        FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
        Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

cash in hand ready to go, well most of it anyway.lol
          just pm me on the details.
          where to ship?etc.etc.payment?etc.
          or post here for everyone to see.
          thanks
          Almost there

jdm tails... check
          jdm bumper... check
          ms lip... check
          ms grill... check
          ms sideskirts... check
          ms rear skirts... check
          ms spoiler... check
          ms struts... check

Comment

Yup, what patrick said.
            I was trying to surprise everyone but the lid has been blown.
            Yup, its been a slow proccess, but, the first hood should be in about 3 weeks. It has a JDM-style scoop on it (same spot, but alot smaller). Oh, the mfgr is CROSS PERFORMANCE, a new company out of London, ON (local to me). The whole deal has been time consuming and very tireing on my part as I have spoken to at least 10 diufferent companies. But yeah, the first hood is Pats...but the first pics are on MY CAR! Buahahaha!
            LOL...but yeah, about $550-$600 CDN...whatever that is USD (www.xe.com/ucc)

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
            1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
            Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

i should get a deal dammit.. its my hood for the mold.. hahahahahha
              98 Protege SE
              -------------------
              1.5L Turbo

Comment

No its not...i never used yours...wasnt sure if doing a mold would wreck the OEM or not...

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
                Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

...they took it off to put your turbo on! LOL!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                  1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

damn.. just trying to sneak a deal in.....
                    98 Protege SE
                    -------------------
                    1.5L Turbo

Comment

do the people who pitched in for the donor hood get a discount/deal? hahaha
                      maybe? cause i did...lol
                      Almost there

jdm tails... check
                      jdm bumper... check
                      ms lip... check
                      ms grill... check
                      ms sideskirts... check
                      ms rear skirts... check
                      ms spoiler... check
                      ms struts... check

Comment

actually the money that was pitched in was used for the donor hood. i told him he coulda used mine since it was at the shop for 3 months.. but he didn't want to take a chance..
                        98 Protege SE
                        -------------------
                        1.5L Turbo

Comment

hmm, i need a new hood anyways (mines all dented up) are they going to be making a bunch of these or is it too late if I'd like to get one?

"Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die" -Thomas Callaway

Comment

Nope, its not too late. Patrick gets the first hood in about 3 weeks, then, they should be able to do a hood every week.
                            More details to follow once I get more of them!
                            Maybe we could make a list? Just copy and paste the list into your response and add your name. I was supposed to get the number of people interested a while ago, but, bleh, im lazy...lol:
                            1-Patrick (pinoy323)
                            2-Kris (K Dawg ONE)

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                            1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

now are they gonna keep this mould? cause i would like one but i prolly won't purchase one till fall...
                              98 Protege SE
                              -------------------
                              1.5L Turbo

Comment

Working...
                              X