Goodbye z5 pos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodbye z5 pos

Well, I was going to do a BP swap on my '98 DX...but then I got laid off so I waited. Then I had actually reached a point where I don't want the car anymore. The annoying CEL, three cracked manifolds,crappy A/C and a ding filled body that only a blind mother could love contributed to my feelings.
    A new job that involves more of a commute and occassional passengers finally justified replacing the '98. I looked and looked and guess where I ended up? With an 02 LX. 22.5k miles, the 2.0 engine/5sp and 15" alloy wheels for $8250.
    After driving it home, not one iota of buyers remorse. I can't speak to the LX and ES models of the 2nd gens but this 02 LX is sooo much nicer then the 98 DX. Not just the interior, but the larger 2 liter engine.

So I'll be around, just in another forum.

Buy my 2nd gen stuff!
    PM if interested. Add shipping from 78640 (Texas)

($125)z5 head, brand new never installed. New valves/seals already installed, cams included.
    ($200)97 BP from Kia. 39k...in the middle of prepping it for swap into my car. Includes most of the gaskets for freshening engine(front/rear main seals, valve cover etc.) Timing belt, tensioner, NGK wires/plugs etc.
    ($75) 1998 BP Mazda ecu
    ($30) MAF for BP
    Last edited by davens; 07-13-2004, 09:56 PM.

What do you have for sale?

Comment

Congrats!
      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

I wanted to let you know, your thread in the for sale section didn't work. Server error
        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Dude, I want your BP, and the MAF, and all the **** for the swap...
          I want it ALL!!!

Do you have a manual tranny also? With clutch pedal, cables, whatever...??

Comment

welcome to 3rd gen part of the family.

Comment

Originally posted by charles
              I wanted to let you know, your thread in the for sale section didn't work. Server error
              Yeah...I was just going to leave a link in this thread to the for sale thread but the server said "Ain't happenin'." Hopefully the admins can overlook the slightly classified content.

Check your PMs intuder.

Comment

Sweet,

Heh , I don't think my next car will be a mazda ... I hope you enjoy it.
                photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreat1x2002
                  welcome to 3rd gen part of the family.
                  exactly what I was going to say. Welcome!
                  My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
                  JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
                  AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

I've also got a Wings West psuedo OEM spoiler I pulled out of a junkyard. I need to finish cleaning it up/stripping and priming it but I'll let it go for $60

Comment

do you have a pic of it, and will that fit on the 96, im pretty sure it will.

Comment

Working...
                      X