Yet Another Toy, Dean Sweet Your Help May Be Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet Another Toy, Dean Sweet Your Help May Be Needed

dont know if this qualifies as "other vehicles" but I just picked this up for $1500. 2004 GSX-R 600. The original owner was a 19 year old first time rider who, after letting me give him a 30 min riding lesson, went riding with the wrong people. These people tried to teach him how to ride a wheelie on his first day and of course he wrecked. They told him to take the bike to 9g and pop the clutch in 1st gear, he did and one hell of a wheelie was the result. He pulled the bike straight up and blew the subframe off of the bike, this knocked him off, and sent the front of the bike slamming down, blowing apart the front wheel. The bike slid into a curb and broke every piece of plastic on it.

Heres my deal, the insurance company paid it off after much hassle, and mike bought the bike back. After we looked at it, he decided he just wanted something new and was going to part the bike out. I told him i would give him 1500 for it and he accepted.

First for the good part. After thinking that the forks were bent, a mechanic told me that they werent and I was able to adjust them back to original position. Also thanks to 2 years of autobody, i was able to weld all of the plastic back together using ABS sticks.

Now for the bad parts. I need a front wheel, subframe sides, ignition, front brake fluid resovoir, visor and visor brace, headlight assembly, tail light assembly, top triple crown, ignition cylinder, and turnsignals. Since this bike is so new, I am having problems finding the subframe sides and headlight assembly. Most of the broke parts can be replaced with either aftermarket parts or parts on ebay. If anyone can help me with the parts I am having trouble finding myself I would be greatful.

heres some pics, camera phone so beware:
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

heres what it is supposed to look like.(not the actual bike im speaking of)
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

ductape can fix anything haha

Comment

lol, cant live without it. good for holding plastic together while you weld from other side.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

damn he sucked, lol its fixable, but its gonna take a ton of work.
          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
          225.94wtq
          torque monster!!!!
          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

nuttin like a ton of work to learn a new hobby though.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Anyone know where I can get a service manual for this bike. Im going to start putting it back together tonight and need to know how to adjust the front forks.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

check ebay for the cd service manuals.
                photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I have been, not finding any for 2004

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Also check here for parts.

This is in the new york metro area..

There should be guys somewhere around here that would know people.

-----------------------------
                    oh btw. fuq,

my boy that just got his 01 f41. wrecked out at 30 mph ..

bout a g in damage.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

You oughta jump on that zixxer600

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I mean to check out the site.

I have given the bike thing up..
                        Just gonna stick to my cars.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Yeah I know you were talking about hte site

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
                          X