Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can you tell me from these pics...

Hey all,

I remember a little blurb of advice about taking corners... and at the time I can honestly say it didn't cross my mind until after I started the 180.... Long story short, spun out on a corner doing 130km/h and hit a curb, did another 180 after hitting the curb and stopped gracefully on the grassy knoll of the meridian.

So here's the damage....

and to zoom in a little....

Just fyi that's the rear passenger side....

Now I've heard that it may be fixable with an alignment but... that's a huge bend... and it sort of looks like an arm connected to the sub frame is bent... and on the sub frame itself there is a big bent lip of metal... I'll get a picture of it up later.

But any advice guys? Would just like to know what you guys think instead of jumping to conclusions and replacing ****... I don't have an unlimited supply of cash to dish out on it.

peace
    Driven by my soul
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Streetlights streaking through my sight
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Life is Protege
    ~~~~~~~~~

Ii can tell you the pics dont work, lol
    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

yea. no pics guy...
      ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

that's wierd, I'm using Imagestation, how would I fix em?

Here are the links:

Get the best of SEO, content writing, and content marketing services from industry experts. With our proven strategy and years experience target the right kind of keywords and audience.

Get the best of SEO, content writing, and content marketing services from industry experts. With our proven strategy and years experience target the right kind of keywords and audience.

hope that works

peace
        Driven by my soul
        ~~~~~~~~~~~
        Life is Protege
        ~~~~~~~~~

Comment

lol well thats your problem imagestation blows
          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
          225.94wtq
          torque monster!!!!
          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

here
            Attached Files
            2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

sorry those pics..uhh....suck?

i can't see the bent arm, just looks like your showing us your drum brake shoes?

I bent my rear arm on my protege when i spun out once. I had to get a new one & a new alignment. Cost about 600 when all was said and done.

you will definietely need to replace anything that is bent.

And stop driving like a dumbass...what the hell corner could you possibly take at 130kmph with your e-brake? doesn't make sense how you'd do that :shrug:
              93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
              02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
              05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

The only reason I was goin that fast was cause I was racin someone and I was tired so I didn't realize a)how fast I was really going and b) how sharp the corner actually was (coulda took it if I had tread and started at the outside lane), and no that doesn't make it ok

But anyways like I said I'm gonna get better pictures up tomorrow probably

thanks for the info though Gro

peace
                Driven by my soul
                ~~~~~~~~~~~
                Life is Protege
                ~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I did the exact same thing, hit some sand while taking a corner in the city... i ended up taking the whole rear crossmember off to fix it. you'll prob need new control arms and the bolt at either end. The problem is that the inner control arm bolt cant be taken out unless the gastank is removed, or the whole crossmember is taken off. It can be a lot of work to fix because the bolts tend to get really seized. I had to torch out the bolt closest to the spindle. You might need a new bearing as well.

Comment

hit up the junkyard, and get a new control arm. The same thing happen oto my neon, but this guy hit my front tire, and broke the control arm..while my wheel was turned...

Comment

The stock Mazda rear trailing arms are **** ,they twist and bend easily as you have found out .AWR makes a replacement that wont bend ,it gets rid of the rear end dance and really helps plant the rear end ,Check nto them at www.awrracing.com

2001 LX 2.0 Grace green metallic with gold graphics,
                      Motegi MR12 rims in gold
                      Falken Zeix 502's 205/40/17,
                      MDC Enterprises short throw shifter,Sparco shift knob,
                      Sparco pedal set,Vibrant axle back muffler , MDC Enterprises CAIwith K&N filtercone,Ractive strut bar,MP3 rear swaybar,Tien S-tech springs ,AWR engine mounts,AWR adjustable endlinks,AWR rear trailing arms,Konig rear wing colour matched ,Altezza tail lights edges colour matched to car.P5 front seats,
                      P5 front conversion with side skirts

Comment

Originally posted by macklum
                        The stock Mazda rear trailing arms are **** ,they twist and bend easily as you have found out .AWR makes a replacement that wont bend ,it gets rid of the rear end dance and really helps plant the rear end ,Check nto them at www.awrracing.com

all those parts are for the later model cars

Comment

Measure the trailing arm on your car and measure the trailing arm on a 3rd gen from bolt center to bolt center ,I think you will find they are the same lenght . . If not see if AWR will make you a set to fit your car .

2001 LX 2.0 Grace green metallic with gold graphics,
                          Motegi MR12 rims in gold
                          Falken Zeix 502's 205/40/17,
                          MDC Enterprises short throw shifter,Sparco shift knob,
                          Sparco pedal set,Vibrant axle back muffler , MDC Enterprises CAIwith K&N filtercone,Ractive strut bar,MP3 rear swaybar,Tien S-tech springs ,AWR engine mounts,AWR adjustable endlinks,AWR rear trailing arms,Konig rear wing colour matched ,Altezza tail lights edges colour matched to car.P5 front seats,
                          P5 front conversion with side skirts

Comment

Originally posted by Pro1GT
                            I did the exact same thing, hit some sand while taking a corner in the city... i ended up taking the whole rear crossmember off to fix it. you'll prob need new control arms and the bolt at either end. The problem is that the inner control arm bolt cant be taken out unless the gastank is removed, or the whole crossmember is taken off. It can be a lot of work to fix because the bolts tend to get really seized. I had to torch out the bolt closest to the spindle. You might need a new bearing as well.
                            Eh! How are you, and where are you from? You have a GT?

(sorry for the thread jack)

Comment

Thanks for getting those pictures up charles, might I ask how you did that? Would like to know how I can set up the newer pictures I took of the damage.

peace
                              Driven by my soul
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~
                              Life is Protege
                              ~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X