1.6 turbo parts list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.6 turbo parts list

sup guys im bored as crap, so i figured ill post a parts list for anyone wanting to turbo their 1.6 litre, or if they have any questions

ok first you need to obtain a turbo, i am using a t-25 from a second gen eclipse, very easy to find, ebay always has like 10 of them,

now for the harder to find parts, you will need, and can get, the manifold, the downpipe, the oil supply, the oil return, and a heatshield for the turbo if needed, from andy at www.wagnermotorsports.net,

other things you will need, that you can also source from ebay, or performance shops, i choose ebay, because its cheaper, you will need a blow off valve, or a bypas valve, which ever you choose, i am running an HKS SSQV, i love it, also you will need some sort of fuel management, i have a vortec 12:1 fuel pressure regulator, which works for now, but is not the best for tuning, i run real rich with it, so i suggest a rising rate fuel pressure regulator, or an adjustable one,

other things are the intercooler, if you choose to run one, and the intercooler piping, i bougt mine from ebay, and it works great, this is also your choice, just make sure you dont buy a hugh one if you run a stock bumper, their is very little room to fit a massive intercooler behind it, now for piping, i bought mine from jc whitney, it was alluminized, u-bends, i also suggest 2 inch for this setup, for minimul boost lag,

now for the smaller other stuff, you will need all gaskets, for the mani, the turbo flange its self, the downpipe, ect, you will need to go to mazda and mitsu for these, no biggie, also you will need hose clamps, dont waist your time, get the t-bolt right off, and hose connectors, you can find this as well on ebay, or a napa, also has some really good stuff. you will need to pick up an air filter, if you dont allready have one, also you need gauges i used autometer, boost,oil pressure, airfuel, and exust temp, you can also buy a gauge pod, so you have a place to put them, hope this helps, ill add more as im sure i forgot some
    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

finally .. i didnt even know you posted this but thats what i needed that no one would give me a list of what i need to turbo it, now the only problem is andy wagner doesnt respond to my emails ... so i guess i will order everything but those parts till i figure out what to do.

Comment

yeah man also if you plan to run over 6psi, you need to upgrade the injectors, im in the process of figuring this out, so ill let you know.

186.08whp
      225.94wtq
      torque monster!!!!

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

automatic ... i dont think im gonna run much more i wanted to run like 8 but i dont know if the tranny can handle that ... but yeah let me know anyways if you find anything i will take a look around as well

Comment

yeah well i can attest that after 6psi the injectors **** out, and lean right the **** out, they are only 155cc injectors, total junk

186.08whp
          225.94wtq
          torque monster!!!!

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

****... now that i'm find this post wagner's dead.
            LET'S GO MAVERICKS!!
            Buy my 17x7 Konig silver gloss 5 spoke rims.
            WTB: Garrett T25 Turbo
            Your Xbox too big for your car and want it to fit? Want to save games to it? Want Emulators? I do Xbox Mods.
            REFs from Xbox-scene.com and bst-scene.com
            Good Guys: Chance_P, Swampdonkeys, mystikz2002, sickdimension, Silv3rMan, Questioner, appleguru, millican
            Paypal Verified

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
              yeah man also if you plan to run over 6psi, you need to upgrade the injectors, im in the process of figuring this out, so ill let you know.
              What injectors would you recommend? Where might we be able to find some? Also, I have an auto, so I might be in the market for a tranny cooler. Where would I be able to locate one of those? Im definately going to keep my boost levels under 10 PSI (for right now).

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
                sup guys im bored as crap, so i figured ill post a parts list for anyone wanting to turbo their 1.6 litre, or if they have any questions

ok first you need to obtain a turbo, i am using a t-25 from a second gen eclipse, very easy to find, ebay always has like 10 of them,

now for the harder to find parts, you will need, and can get, the manifold, the downpipe, the oil supply, the oil return, and a heatshield for the turbo if needed, from andy at www.wagnermotorsports.net,

other things you will need, that you can also source from ebay, or performance shops, i choose ebay, because its cheaper, you will need a blow off valve, or a bypas valve, which ever you choose, i am running an HKS SSQV, i love it, also you will need some sort of fuel management, i have a vortec 12:1 fuel pressure regulator, which works for now, but is not the best for tuning, i run real rich with it, so i suggest a rising rate fuel pressure regulator, or an adjustable one,

other things are the intercooler, if you choose to run one, and the intercooler piping, i bougt mine from ebay, and it works great, this is also your choice, just make sure you dont buy a hugh one if you run a stock bumper, their is very little room to fit a massive intercooler behind it, now for piping, i bought mine from jc whitney, it was alluminized, u-bends, i also suggest 2 inch for this setup, for minimul boost lag,

now for the smaller other stuff, you will need all gaskets, for the mani, the turbo flange its self, the downpipe, ect, you will need to go to mazda and mitsu for these, no biggie, also you will need hose clamps, dont waist your time, get the t-bolt right off, and hose connectors, you can find this as well on ebay, or a napa, also has some really good stuff. you will need to pick up an air filter, if you dont allready have one, also you need gauges i used autometer, boost,oil pressure, airfuel, and exust temp, you can also buy a gauge pod, so you have a place to put them, hope this helps, ill add more as im sure i forgot some

Where were you able to find the intercooler piping at on the JCwhitney site? I see everything from intercoolers and such to turbos, but nothing about piping.

Comment

its there, try jeggs also. btw, thegoldpro isnt here anymore.
                  BP-05 Turbo-Sold
                  2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Originally posted by elscotto80
                    its there, try jeggs also. btw, thegoldpro isnt here anymore.
                    Oh, ok. Maybe you can link it to me? I couldn't find it.......

Comment

Shop Aftermarket Parts For New & Classic Cars Online at JEGS High Performance. Browse Our Collection Of Replacement Automotive Parts Including Engines & Car Accessories. We Have Over 1 Million Parts & 800 Brands To Choose From.
                      BP-05 Turbo-Sold
                      2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

which i would have found this sooner im trying to boost my 1.6
                        FOR SALE THREAD

" I reject your reality, and substitute my own "

Comment

I had the good luck to know THEGOLDPRO (Ben) when he was a member of this Forum. We used to get together at our Protege meets in Kent Falls State Park, CT, some time ago.

He was a great guy and his turbo 1.6 L Protege was a great car with really striking performance. I saw it run many times and he even gave my son a ride in it - my son was really impressed and always remembered that ride. Ben did the work on the car himself and his workmanship was excellent. I was sorry when he left the Forum and sold the car. His last big mod, IIRC, was to install a really large FMIC nicely integrated into the body work. Other than the Miata wheels, from the outside the car looked stealth so obviously surprised a lot of unsuspecting people.

I think you'd be pretty happy with a boosted 1.6 L.

My son and I miss Ben as a member of this community.

Happy Motoring!
                          02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                          MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                          MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                          Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                          MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                          Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                          Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                          Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                          Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                          Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                          Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                          Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                          Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

I second that Goldstar, I remember him and that car fairly clear, although I think I just became active around that time, so never managed to talk to him. I wonder what he's been up to.
                            -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

me too im looking for someonw who has boosted their 1.6 so i can pick their brain for tips and things not to do so i could learn from their mistakes i just bought a house so all my moneys gonna be tied up in that for some time so i dont have the luxuary of trial and error i gotta get it righ the first time...so if any one has any help theyd like to offer please send it on over places i could source parts what parts specificaly and so on...
                              FOR SALE THREAD

" I reject your reality, and substitute my own "

Comment

Working...
                              X