Grinding noise......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grinding noise......

Aight so, everytime i downshift slowly and without putting gas on the car, and u know when the car settles into gear, i hear a grinding noise. And whenever i cut the car off "in neutral" it makes the same noise but it sounds worse? Im thinkin it has somethin to do with my cv joints, cuz my boots are busted, and i keep puttin it off cuz ive been workin alot....Any suggestions as to what the porb might be?

Originally posted by jitb37
    Aight so, everytime i downshift slowly and without putting gas on the car, and u know when the car settles into gear, i hear a grinding noise. And whenever i cut the car off "in neutral" it makes the same noise but it sounds worse? Im thinkin it has somethin to do with my cv joints, cuz my boots are busted, and i keep puttin it off cuz ive been workin alot....Any suggestions as to what the porb might be?
    check the noise where coming from (front of the car by the wheel or under center of the car) ??

Comment

Its coming from the front under the car.....i also noticed since last nite when was riding around, my exhaust is getting louder and louder. And i prob didnt tighten my exhaust up anough when i put my head back on. And today when driving it was crazy loud. So im thiknin my catalyc converter was loose...TOMMORROW, i get my hi flow cat tho, if the ups gods are good to me... But im gonna jack it up and check it out....any mor esuggestions would help...

And its not really a grinding noise, its more like a banging noise...like metal is clanging together. And it only hapens when i hardshift/downshift or any other tme the engine moves.

Comment

Working...
      X