Twin Turbo Protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twin Turbo Protege

Why/why not? What would the benefits be? What are the drawbacks? Would it even be remotely worth it? Flame me all you want, I want to hear everything stupid about it.

that would be bad ass
    but i think the specs of the car has something to do with it never happening
    <-why i can't fix my car

http://www.revtvguam.com
    AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

i am not positive but as to my udnerstanding 4 bangers dont handle twin turbo well, they dont benefit enough from it or something can someone elaborate on it for me ... i really didnt understand what i read about it a while ago.

Comment

Okay the one way that I could forsee a twin-turbo setup to be beneficial is to use a sequential setup like 93-95 RX-7's or Twin Turbo Supras. Have one very small turbo for bottom end and a much larger compressor to gain top end performance. That type of a setup would be sweet as hell.
        2003 Protege LX 2.0 (BJFP) Sport package (New motor at 24,885 miles on 5/26/05), 5 Speed. Black Mica.

Mods: Mazdaspeed front bumper/foglight conversion, Cold Air Intake w/ K&N filter, OBX header with sport muffler, Full Mazdaspeed suspension with 5-lug/ 4-disc conversion and Racing Beat upgraded sway-bars, "E" level bushing kit, 2.25 inch trimmed Sprint Performance lowering springs, Mazdaspeed strut tower brace, smoked tails, Short shifter, Corksport clutch hose, black pearl emblem kit, Silverstar headlights, and limo tint

Future mods include: DGM carbon fiber grille and air dam, 2003 Mazdaspeed spoiler and side sills, Corksport full exhaust, grounding kit and then hmmm...turbo?

Comment

ive seen a couple twinturbo civics so i could see a tt protege
          i is dumb

Comment

I guess the thing I'm wondering is would you even get more power out of it than you would if you just built it up normally with one turbo? BTW, I was imagining sequential turbos, not a full-on drag setup.

Comment

the problem i see is that all the tt civics i see all run about the same as a built single turbo application so i would rather stick with one anyways
              i is dumb

Comment

i have seen a few TT civics, and from what i have seen single turbo setups put out better and more efficent power, most people do the TT setup just to say they did from waht i can see.

Comment

If you notice also most of these Seq TT designs are on engines with ability to rev REALLY high in order to put out amount of cfm's to spool the larger turbo...most protege's transmissions cant even handle the power a low boost application puts out anyway....anything above 250-300 lb-ft and diff's are exploding and taking the rest of the tranny with it....either that or they are breaking rods in the engine...single turbo application is much easier, much less plumbing and capable of just as much power....want to reduce lag???....N20 !!

Comment

Hold Up, I Think My Head Is Hurting From All The Sun I'm Getting Here In Iraq, Or The Tt Protege Concept!! Wow! I Had An Hard Time Finding A Turbo Kit For My O3 Lx Protege, But I Went With The Extreme Kit By Turbo.com And Got 275hp,with 305tooorrke At 6 Psi. Thats My Best Gain, With Out Blowing Up My Engine By Turning Up The Boost!! So Lets Here The Specs You Tt Puts Out Man, I'm Dieing Here!!!

Comment

welcom lewis, you need to get out of the sun becuase you missed the first couple of threads....they were wondering if it would be POSSIBLE for a twin turbo...275hp huh..good gain ...
                      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

275 hp and 305 tq, at 6psi???????????? hmmmmmmmm dont sound right to me, but if you got that much power you did something right, id like to see pics of your setup too, and maybe a dyno sheet, not that im doubting you,.....ok yeah i am.
                        .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                        225.94wtq
                        torque monster!!!!
                        dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                        http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                        http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

I'll join the list of the skepticle. There is absolutely no way you are getting that kind of power, period.

Comment

maybe he meant 175 and 205?

Comment

175 is only like a 30 hp gain isnt it
                              i is dumb

Comment

Working...
                              X