Ever Drifted ur Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever Drifted ur Pro

How many of you are familiar with the sideways world in a protege? I have gotten my car sideways many times, and tho its not an actual drift. Its still a huge rush and its fun as ****! I cant wait until I get my bigger rear sway bar to help with oversteer. Im gonna be sideways all the time then!!
    Eat ****.

You need to get your self a old rx7 and have some real fun.

Comment

I'll make sure to steer clear of Denver...

Comment

180's off the cottman off ramp off I-95 in philly aside from that, don't do much 'drift-like' manuevers in my protege.. i have successfully taken corners on 3 wheels with 4 passengers and 2 wheels on my own, but thats not an often occurance. my strut bar gives my car some strange steering characteristics, noticeable even on the most slightest 90 degree turns. the only real way i've gotten the back end of my car to swing out or drift the car sideways (i guess in the off road rally car style) is by e-braking in the rain and snow.. i don't try that too often though.. not very good for your struts as i found out the hard way
        peace

Comment

Gesh i take my pro out for every snow storm for hours on end. Makes me wish i had a RWD turbo Rx7 or 240

Comment

actually I just picked up a non running 89 GTU for $100, that im swapping the TII engine and drivetrain into. Thats gonna be fun!!
            Eat ****.

Comment

All I have to say is be very careful, yeah sideways is fun but it is also dangerous. I know from personal experience, even though I wasnt trying to drift, my 323 is very tale happy and this morning (9/23) I almost got my sister and myself killed. How? I came into a turn to fast and on the brakes, my tale end came out and I went straight across the road and hit a dirt embankment, car flipped over and landed on the roof and slide for about 100ft. But some how my sister and I walked away with only some minor cuts. And the only reason why im alive is because I have a four point harness, my stock one went to **** a long time ago.
              Just be careful

Also im 18 and im a very good driver, it was just a combination of speed, brakes, and a improperly inflated right rear tire.(It was a left hand turn).

My sister just turned 16 today (9/23)
              Now Dead, Mazda 323

Comment

Welcome to Ripley's, Bull**** or Not?

or NOT?

snow doughnuts = fun
                drifting around the corner in the rain, in a school zone with children around = funny, but stupid
                drifting on dry pavement just to show how much out of controll your driving is = stupid

honestly, i think true drifting is left to RWD and regarless of drivetrain, keep it on the track, not on the street.
                peace

Comment

I did a drift once... I think it was this past Sunday night.
                  I pulled up to a corner at a good speed. turned in broke the front wheels loose .. then pulled the hand brake quickly ... back end locked up and spun the back out .. released and jabed the brakes and the car drifted around the corner...
                  This was in my 323 hatch... ofcourse my rear drums are no frigin Joke at all... pulling the ebrake easily locks them up and if you Jab the brake padal .. the front pads bite like hell .. so you can easily transfer weight to the front of the car.

Bruce
                  photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Heh i liek drifting its a blast.. that is why i bought my 81 celica.. rebuiding it and turboin it within the next month =] But i have done a modest amount of driving in my mx3.. i have also spun out on a high speed turn and came within millimetters of a nasty greeting with a gaurdrail.. i have a black scrape across my front bumper as a reminder..

edit: oh and i second the bs flag on that story.
                    -torp.
                    94 Mx-3 1.8l Inline 4
                    81 Celica Gt..

Comment

FF drifting is called powersliding
                      00 dakota 4x4
                      90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

i almost flipped my moms car in a bradleys parking lot, lol with xlerate in the car, we were ripping on ice and spinning around having fun, till we hit a hugh dry spot, lol and screeechhhh car was on 2 wheels, by the luck of god it didnt flip over, lol but that was like 3 years ago.
                        .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                        225.94wtq
                        torque monster!!!!
                        dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                        http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                        http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
                          lol but that was like 3 years ago.
                          damn dude you were like 14!
                          00 dakota 4x4
                          90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

Originally posted by ne3ek
                            damn dude you were like 14!
                            haha nah he was just acting 14 he was like 19

Comment