wax and "coarse" plastic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wax and "coarse" plastic.

How do I get the wax of of the coarse plastic on my car, like the side mirrors and ****?/
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

I've been able to get it off somewhat easily with a toothbrush as long as it hasn't been sitting there for weeks on end.
    -Kevin
    -90 Miata 1- #80 CSP, '01 1.8L Swap w/ working VVT
    -90 Miata 2 - $2005/6/7 Turbocharged GRM Challenger
    -91 Tracer - $2008/9 AWD Converted Turbocharged Challenger
    -94 MX3 - #8 Hong Norrth LeMons/Chumpcar Racer
    -02.5 Protege5 - The Daily

Comment

This may sound funny but, take some peanut butter and smear it on the black plastic. Something about the oils in the butter remove the old white hazed wax from the surface.
      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

i smell a sandwhich coming
        a TINY amount of goo gone works... don't get it on glossy paint surfaces though, the wax will end up being deposited onto your doors... not real nice. just a little goo gone applied to a rag... wipe, and dry. should do the charm
        peace

Comment

Holy **** I totally forgot about this thread, but was coming in here to post the same thing.
          Thanks for the advice I'll try it this weekend.
          Ryan The middle child is always ignored
          BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
          Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

I had the same problem with non-wax Nu-Finish Polish on my side mirrors' plastic. I'll try the Goo Gone and post the results.
            Dark Blue '99 Protege LX w/ 3.3 kohm sensor resistor, blue xenon headlights and backup lights, blue Street Glow under front seats in interior, clear corners and mesh grille being shipped at the moment.

Comment

Working...
            X