preformance shifter bushings...not kartboy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

preformance shifter bushings...not kartboy

Hello, I am looking to replace my stock shifter bushings...the ones that go into the base of the shifter (and also the end of the shifter arm...right next to the kartboy ones) with some aftermarket bushings if they exist. I already have the kartboy bushings, but that is for a different place. the mazda part number the ones I want is 46-062a and i will just get new ones from them if there is no such thing as a preformance one...but I thought I'd check before I paid $4.30 a piece for OEM ones since I need 4.

If you have the left to right play in your shifter...replacing these bushings will fix that...at least I'm hoping it will...

you most likely will need to replace all 4 though, or if not just the ones up next to the kartboy bushing location.

here is a picture for better description...where it is pointing and says "is this it"...well yes it is!
    [IMG]http://jonkinney.com/bushings**********
    Coming soon...
    http://www.jonkinney.com/protegeES

The bushings you are looking for are available from www.corksport.com
    They are oilite bushings available as a set of 4 that replace the polyurethane OEM bushings used at both ends of the change control rod.
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Thanks, however the image from corksport shows both metal and "rubber" ones...are they showing what they replace...or do you get 2 metal and 2 rubber.

do the "rubber" ones go into the shift rod and the metal ones go onto the change control rod.

Thanks so much,

Jon

PS will replacing these with factory ones (instead of corksport) eliminate my play (side to side) in the shift lever or not?
      Coming soon...

Comment

Originally posted by sk8er0i
        Thanks, however the image from corksport shows both metal and "rubber" ones...are they showing what they replace...or do you get 2 metal and 2 rubber.

do the "rubber" ones go into the shift rod and the metal ones go onto the change control rod.

Thanks so much,

Jon

PS will replacing these with factory ones (instead of corksport) eliminate my play (side to side) in the shift lever or not?
        The urethane bushings in the image are the OEM ones that the Bronzeoil bushings replace. They are only shown for comparison. You get 4 bronzeoils total. Two go into the change control rod at the shift lever end and the other 2 go into the change control rod at the transmission end.

I have the bushings but have not yet installed them so I can't say anything about their effectiveness. However, they are supposed to eliminate excess shifter play because bronze is more rigid than urethane, particularly when used with the Kartboy bushings in the extension bar.

Glad I could help. I actually found out about the Corksport bushings by reading TheMAN's FAQ.

02 DX Millenium Red
        Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
        Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery

Comment

hey thanks a ton! that was exactly what i needed/wanted to know. So now that I know you get 4 of the corksport bushings and that they are all Bronzeoil I'm definitely going to buy them.

Thanks for such a fast and informative reply!

-Jon

maybe I'll look through the man's faq again...so much info...you forget 1/2 of it by the time you're done.
          Coming soon...

Comment

how do these bushings change the feel of the shifter?

Comment

Originally posted by BMW ///MPOWER
              how do these bushings change the feel of the shifter?
              See post #4 above, paragraph 2.

02 DX Millenium Red

Comment

coincidence I just bought the cart boy bushings. Should I have gotten the bronze one instead? Or do I need to have both? I'm actually looking for a install manual on how to put them in, because one didn't come with the package from cork sport. So I'm actually curious to know if the Kart boy shifter bushings are fine or should I have went with the Corksport bushings?
                Dean

No Pro, No go! Damn it man!!

Comment

Originally posted by yardy_pr5
                  coincidence I just bought the cart boy bushings. Should I have gotten the bronze one instead? Or do I need to have both? I'm actually looking for a install manual on how to put them in, because one didn't come with the package from cork sport. So I'm actually curious to know if the Kart boy shifter bushings are fine or should I have went with the Corksport bushings?
                  The Kartboy urethane bushings and the Corksport bronzeoil bushings are two distinct sets. One does not replace the other as explained earlier in this thread.

02 DX Millenium Red

Comment

Would there be any difference in part #'s for me? I have a '92 LX DOHC 5-speed... my shifter is sloppy as hell! Do the Karboy and Corksport bushings fit my car as well?
                    '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                    '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                    '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                    '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                    '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                    '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

The Corksport bronzeoil bushings will fit. The Kartboy stabalizer bushings will NOT. Third gen stabalizer bushings are huge. I got new stabalizer bushings from Gro Harlem, I don't know if he has any left.
                      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Holy cow... I used the bronzeoil bushings and they made a huge difference in shifter feel. No more sloppiness, install isn't tricky although I did have to "massage" my shift-rod-bolts with a metal file to fit them through the metal bushings. The bolts have little "lips" (mine did atleast) that will cause you all kinds of issues if you don't file them down first.
                        '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                        '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                        '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                        '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                        '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                        '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

be careful when using these. They LOVE to seize to your bolt and never want to come out. I had to drill out my bolt on my protege to remove the linkage from the transmission..it sucked.

Use antiseize or something on the bolt before installing it into the bushings.
                          93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                          02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                          05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

That's good to know as I'm planning to install my bronzeoils soon. You would think since the bushings are oil impregnated that wouldn't happen though.

02 DX Millenium Red

Comment

Working...
                            X