Just Got My EGR Problem Fixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Got My EGR Problem Fixed

Last week, I took my car into the dealer to get my egr vavle fixed, it took them 3 hrs at 90$ an hour to fix it. I took it home and all was working fine. On sunday (i got the car repaired on tuesday) i was driving down to indiana to pickup my new sub box. Guess what happened, my CEL came on again. I took it back to the dealer and the dealer called me and told me that it was a Catalytic converter. They wanted 700$ to fix it, so i told em not to fix it. I think I will just take it to the local tuffy and have them cut it out and put a straight pipe on. I love how i spend almost 400 to get my car repaired one week, and the next week i have another problem. At this point, I've invested more money than i payed for it (water pump, timing belt, exhaust manifold, tires, brakes, etc...) I think im just going to drive it till it dies.

Dude!! You don't need $700 to fix a catalytic converter.

http://www.justmagnaflow.com/Catalyt...ters/91000.htm

Just get the right one and have a shop weld it in.
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

whats the stock pipe size for a 97 pro lx and does it need a sensor or not?

Comment

I don't know, somebody with a service manual ought to know though.
        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

An old post of mine but could be useful to those who have EGR valve problems.

Presently my '96 Protege' LX has 165,000+ miles on it and the CEL came on for the second time last month. Had the codes read at Autozone and they said it was EGR low flow. Had the EGR valve replace at about 80,000 miles by the dealer and it was expensive. When it indicated bad a second time I thought I had nothing to lose by taking it off and looking at it. Once removed it I move the diaphram and the valve moved freely. Pulled a vacuum on the diaphram and all was good. Found the outlet going to the sensing line plugged with carbon. Took a small drill bit and cleaned it out and checked it to be clean all the way through to the inside of the valve. I reset the CEL and replaced the valve. Been two weeks and almost 600 miles and no CEL. May want to try this trick before having the dealer replace it.

Now almost 8000 miles since EGR clean and no codes
          And that is why I don't do two shows a night anymore.

Comment

How do you clear the CEL?

Comment

Unhook the negative battery terminal. Have a smoke. Hook up Negative terminal.
              Ryan The middle child is always ignored
              BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

2young2retire so you took off the EGR senor and clean it.Explain how you did this.

Comment

Working...
                X