go for an LX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

go for an LX?

hey i was lookin at a 97 lx...long story about the ES i had...but it's got 120000miles, 5spd black..haven't checked it out yet..goin in a bit but it's goin for $2995..should i even bother? it's just a replacment for the ES for my parents...should i go find an ES 5spd or check out the lx...thanks

the DA

Do you want the 1.5L or the 1.8L?
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

i personally dont care..it's for my parents haha..i dont think they care either since they just need it as a daily driver

the DA

Comment

ill sell ya my 97 lx for 1500

Comment

lx is pretty nice if ya dont mind the power cut. ive had mine for a while now. aint had any major problems yet except for the ones i caused myself (long story)

Comment

what are some things i should look for? different cars have different things u SHOULD look for u know?

the DA

Comment

make sure everything works, brakes aren't spongy, don't smell exhaust in the car, idles fine, no un-normal sounds when accelerateing or sitting at a light. Make sure the radio works. If it has a cd player, test it. Check the oil (make sure it has been changed on time) ask when the timing belt was last changed. Check the tires. etc. etc. etc.

Comment

it was a lemon...backin out....

the DA

Comment

Originally posted by loserpunkx182
                  it was a lemon...backin out....
                  If you don't mind me asking, what was wrong w/ it?
                  ED
                  '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
                  Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
                  WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

a/c didn't work, it was throwing a CEL, stiff clutch, brakes felt a bit messed up..guy didn't know anything, office was a trailer (didn't kow till i got there) and sayin he could fix the a/c, cracked front bumper and hubcaps was all scratched up...looked like a little accident but the dealer had no clue what happened, rust on the engine mounts, exhaust and header shield was banged up...the battery and all was cleaned and looked like it was cleaned so it didn't show the accident it was in..guy thought that i was a kid and didn't know anything so he played it cool but i knew what's up hahah...i can go on but i guess it's not really a lemon..more like not worth it

the DA

Comment

Working...
                    X