honda rub off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

honda rub off

i had a question towards head/block swaps. are there any better swaps for a 3rd gen 1.6? im sure youv all heard of like a b18 (integra motor) with a b16 head (si-vtec). im lookin for N/A for my motor too any info would be much appreciated. also a list of mazda engine codes would help. thanks much!

pistons-rods-crank-piston rings-valves-springs-retainers-cams-cam gears...and anything else i forgot.

*** if there arent too many things for a 1.6l i might purchase a 1.8 to build on the side.
    02 Protege ES, 5spd

Comment

There's literally NOTHING for the 1.6L except for Intake, unless you go custom.

You could purchase the ZL-VE 1.5L VVT head from the JDM Familia but no one's done it before, mainly because no one's figured out a way to make the VVT system work with the USDM ECU's.
      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

isnt that a variable valve timing thing? plus to say i do that i would need to bore out the head right , due to the .1L difference.
        02 Protege ES, 5spd

Comment

something that haunts my mind also is the focus svt motor (devious, he he) how possible would this be? i mean plus mazda is ford based now right?
          02 Protege ES, 5spd

Comment

jnorion when im in school i cant see certain links due to a filter in the computer sys. and i dont have a computer at home so school is really the only time i can go on a computer, if what you linked is explainable can you let me know what it is? thanks
            02 Protege ES, 5spd

Comment

Originally posted by NegatiZE
              There's literally NOTHING for the 1.6L except for Intake, unless you go custom.

You could purchase the ZL-VE 1.5L VVT head from the JDM Familia but no one's done it before, mainly because no one's figured out a way to make the VVT system work with the USDM ECU's.
              You can't figure out a way because there is no way. You would either need a JDM ECU or get a standalone that is capable of controling the VVT. THere are some out there that do, but like most any standalones they're going to cost you.
              A piggy back wouldn't work because it would be near impossible to get it to work together with the ECU.

To the other guy, no the ****us SVT engine wouldn't work without alot of custom ****. Leave it at that.
              Ryan The middle child is always ignored
              BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

yeah id have to say turbo is the ONLY way, to make any kind of power from this engine. trust me, lol
                .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                225.94wtq
                torque monster!!!!
                dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

How about those 1.6 spark plugs in a 2.0? Talk about some crazy cross model ****...

No, really...straight out of the FAQ:
                  Any ZL (1.5l) botom end parts will work with the 1.6l (ZM-DE) engine.
                  The ZL-VE head (which has S-VT) is a direct swap to the ZM-DE engine. You will
                  need to figure out a way to control the hydraulic controller that varies the intake cam
                  timing. This system is similar to the one used in the 2001+ Miata BP-VE engines, so
                  talk to the Miata guys about it the S-VT on their cars to learn more.
                  Any ZL-DE top end parts will work with the ZM-DE engine.
                  European spec ZM-DE 9.4:1 pistons are also available:
                  ZMY1-11-SA0A normal size
                  ZMY1-11-SB0A .025 oversize
                  ZMY1-11-SBXA .050 oversize
                  Most FP and FS engine parts are interchangable.
                  As for FS-DE 9.7:1 (9.1:1 when used with FP-DE) pistons:
                  FPY1-11-SA0E normal size
                  FPY1-11-SB0E .025 oversize
                  FPY1-11-SBXE .050 oversize
                  As for FS-ZE 10.4:1 (9.7:1 when used with FP-DE) pistons:
                  FPY2-11-SA0B normal size
                  FPY2-11-SB0B .025 oversize
                  FPY2-11-SBXB .050 oversize
                  As for FS-ZE 10.7:1 pistons from the MazdaSpeed Familia:
                  FSY4-11-SA0 normal size
                  FSY4-11-SB0 .025 oversize
                  FSY4-11-SBX .050 oversize

For the first time, the Protegé got engines from the larger 626 car-- the FP and FS
                  engines. These engines are physically larger and completely different from the B series
                  engines used in past models. People who have the 1.6l ZM-DE engines will find that a
                  swap to the FP or FS engine is cost prohibitive and difficult. Although there is not too
                  much involved in physically shoehorning the engine into the car, the difficulties and cost
                  stem from the electrical and electronic components. Swapping to the BP or any other
                  engine from any 3rd generation car is also extremely difficult and expensive as major
                  custom fabrication is required. For the owners with the F series engines, swapping to
                  the FS-ZE engine is a direct bolt on. For owners with the 1.8l FP-DE engine,
                  swapping the transmission to the G15M-R one used in the newer 2001+ cars is
                  possible as long as the axles and engine mounts are changed out.

The most physically direct swap for the 1.6l ZM-DE owners is getting the 1.5l ZL-VE
                  engine from the Japanese market. It has the S-VT variable valve timing system.
                  Getting the engine physically into the car is not a problem, everything bolts up. The
                  problem is trying to run the engine with the S-VT. You must get the wiring harness
                  and ECU to get it to run. At this time, there is not really an aftermarket ECU that will
                  be able to control such a variable valve timing system. A Honda VTEC controller will
                  not work. VTEC works in a 2 or 3 stage cam profile mode, while S-VT works like
                  Toyota's continuously variable VVTi system. Do some research into aftermarket
                  controllers for Toyota's VVTi system (they are the most plentiful continously variable
                  valve timing engines available in the market). Anything made to control VVTi will
                  work with S-VT, including the Haltech E11 ECU.

Comment

Working...
                  X