Cant believe Sohc 1.8t's setup amazing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant believe Sohc 1.8t's setup amazing!

Damn i love search I cant believe I missed this thread on a sohc turboed. I just recently did some pricing It turns out it may cost 1000 to 1200 to turbo a sohc which isnt bad considering A GtX engine costs 1300 shipped. Yeah go ahead and say it its cheaper to turbo the BP-ZE than the BP sohc but I think he's on to something and think I may try it, but I might do the manny swap. still can't belive that he ran a 14.1 with a auto and sohc whod a thought .
    Sandon Davis

Don't mess with the Sandman

with the same settings in a dohc, it would have been alot faster. 100$ more for an engine that is alot faster seems acceptable to me
    Serenity's Dead.

Comment

He did not run a 14.1. He ran a 15.xx He has not run the car again, I think he is making some changes and will run again soon.
      Geovannie
      88 BP 323 Turbo
      13.52@104.13 12psi
      www.titanmotorsports.com

Comment

can you post a link to that article? thanks
        '91 323 SE
        Sony 12" Sub and amp - 17" Motegi MR7's wrapped in 205/40/zr Visa's - Protoss CAI - Magnaflow Exhaust - Indiglo Gauges and Carbon Fiber Bezel - Ractive Shift Knob, Boot, and Pedals - GroundControls

Coming Soon- Kartboy SS, Pakfeifer Front Bumper
        <center></center>

<a href="mailto://67mustangjosh@gmail.com">67mustangjosh@gmail dot com</a>

Comment

It is in the motorsports section.
          Geovannie
          88 BP 323 Turbo
          13.52@104.13 12psi
          www.titanmotorsports.com

Comment

ok thanks
            '91 323 SE
            Sony 12" Sub and amp - 17" Motegi MR7's wrapped in 205/40/zr Visa's - Protoss CAI - Magnaflow Exhaust - Indiglo Gauges and Carbon Fiber Bezel - Ractive Shift Knob, Boot, and Pedals - GroundControls

Coming Soon- Kartboy SS, Pakfeifer Front Bumper
            <center></center>

<a href="mailto://67mustangjosh@gmail.com">67mustangjosh@gmail dot com</a>

Comment

oh well you guys are right you cant do something just to get you by.
              Sandon Davis

Don't mess with the Sandman

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Protege
                oh well you guys are right you cant do something just to get you by.
                that is not what we are saying

I just recently did some pricing It turns out it may cost 1000 to 1200 to turbo a sohc which isnt bad considering A GtX engine costs 1300 shipped
                you said this, did you not? if youre happy with a boosted sohc engine when you could have a boosted dohc engine for 100$ more, thats fine. but if you were just trying to "get by" you wouldnt be putting a turbocharger on your engine now would you?
                Serenity's Dead.

Comment

How's it going everyone,

I'm new to these forums, and wondering if anyone has a link to the car being talked about?

In Australia we pretty much have the same feeling towards turboing the SOHC when we could just drop in a BPT motor out of a gtx. However it is still very intriguing to see what the sohc can do

Thanks for your time,
                  Ashlin.
                  Car: BG Astina
                  Head Unit: JVC KD-SH77
                  Front Amp: Blaupunkt GTA4100 Sub Amp: Jaycar 4x100
                  Front: Boston Rally Splits Sub: Diamond Audio M3151.8 15"
                  138.9dB @ 59Hz on Termlab
                  My Car

Comment

Serenity's Dead.

Comment

ok couple of sundays ago i finished installing my home made progamable computer
                      for air / fuel control. removed my 12:to 1 fmu and the air flow meter . it was raining like mother f@@@#### that week and i could not tune the car right so i waited for a brake
                      on the wheather and it finnally came friday . i was very happy for that so came home from work i head to the track with my lap top. already inline getting ready to run turn my laptop and the mother efer did not work so i ran the car like that to see the change but not
                      happy with the result this is what the car did that night (only one run)

r/t .525
                      60' 2.3
                      330 6.543
                      1/8 9.9
                      mph 73.26
                      1000 12.919
                      1/4 15.4
                      mph 90.05
                      1st sohc auto
                      2nd sohc turbo auto
                      3rd sohc turbo 5 speed
                      4th dohc swap turbo