Misfiring!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Misfiring!

Dammnit, I think I have some sort of an ignition problem. My car kinda stumbles every now and then in the lower rpm's and when Im starting off. This had probably contributed to my compression results, 150 125 150 150. I replaced my plugs and wires when i first got the car a few months back, now do they have cap an rotors? Or what, Ive never really paid attention to that, and its dark right now so I cant go look at my car. Any suggestions?? Thanks
    Eat ****.

Yes, you do have a cap and rotor. Easy and not very expensive to replace. You might consider replacing the fuel filter, that could also be a possibility (Now thats a PITA to change out). I had a similar problem awhile back, my car would stumble out of the lower RPM range. Turned out that oil had gotten down into one of the plug wells from spillage.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

I checked over my spark plugs today, they all looked nice and in good condition. I didnt notice any oil in the wells tho. My car has this stupid ass auto reve idle problem tho, 750 to 200 then 750 to 200, and so on. I was thinking it was one of my injectors causing the problem, and it only does it when the car is warmed up. I think Ill change the cap n rotor, fuel filter, and put some injector cleaner in until I can afford some new injectors. Tune up time!!!
      Eat ****.

Comment

this may sound wierd but take a look at your coolant temperature sensor... you engine might not know that it is hot. thus the stumbleing because it is flooding
        When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
        Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
        Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
        So his engine he goosed
        With much too much boost,
        And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss
          this may sound wierd but take a look at your coolant temperature sensor... you engine might not know that it is hot. thus the stumbleing because it is flooding
          yes i would also reccomend this , Vormavs car did the same thing and thus far has not "misfired", goto the dealership and get er checked out
          No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

Working...
          X